Today I fail at understanding teh wife

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002
Ok, so for the past 3 years I have been using old spice body wash, which i usually buy at Walmart for $4 each. There are several fragrances, all of which I like.

Last night, I was doing some shopping at walmart, and I saw one of the fragrances was being discontinued and was on clearance for $2. THATS HALF PRICE....

So i though wow, ill save some money in the long run, and I bought all 22 bottles that was on the shelf. I spent roughtly $40, and saved roughly $40, because it normally would have cost $80.

When I got home, she flipped out because I spent $40 on soap.
IM LIKE WTF???!?

Its not like its ever going to expire, it will get used (we'd eventually have to buy it anyways), and I saved $40, enough I could take her out to a nice dinner, or whatever with... but she's p1ssed.

I dont understand how she cant look past a little up from spending to save a lot later.
This is jsut BS!!!!!!

Akhen

Golden Member
Nov 14, 2005
so your not getting laid tonight huh?

just explain to her what you just told us?

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
I think you should squirt all 20 bottles on her while she's sleeping and call it money well spent.

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
I'll take a stab at this one...

Most people are dumb. Your wife is one of them?

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002
Originally posted by: Akhen

explained it just like that... except for probably a little more profanity.

Britboy

Jul 25, 2001
Maybe she doesnt like the smell and was waiting for a good time to tell you. Now you have a 10 year supply of it...............

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
1) There is a time value of money. If it takes many years to use that up, you didn't save anywhere near $40 (since you could have been earning money with that $40 in the process). But, overall, you probably did save money.

2) 22 bottles take up a lot of space. Did you stop to think about her? Maybe she needed that storages space for 137 bottles of makeup that she'll only use once.

3) Maybe she hated that scent, but was working up the courage to tell you. Now she has to suffer through years of it. She is a woman, remember, she can and will change preferences at the drop of a hat.

everman

Lifer
Nov 5, 2002
She probably did a cost/benefit analysis and decided that spending $40 now instead of over the course of a year or two isn't such a great idea.

Savij

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2001
Originally posted by: sao123
Originally posted by: Akhen

explained it just like that... except for probably a little more profanity.

She's never wrong, if she says something, you have to support her all the way through the lifetime that it takes her to figure out that that her sh!t smells just like everyone else's.

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002
Originally posted by: dullard
1) There is a time value of money. If it takes many years to use that up, you didn't save anywhere near $40 (since you could have been earning money with that $40 in the process). But, overall, you probably did save money.

2) 22 bottles take up a lot of space. Did you stop to think about her? Maybe she needed that storages space for 137 bottles of makeup that she'll only use once.

3) Maybe she hated that scent, but was working up the courage to tell you. Now she has to suffer through years of it. She is a woman, remember, she can and will change preferences at the drop of a hat.

1) I use a bottle a week, because I shower twice a day, it will be used up in about 4-5 months.
2)22 bottles fits neatly in a box in my closet where none of her stuff is allowed to exist.

3)Its definatly a money thing. she likes the scent, its actually her favorite... its the 2005 limited edition... she was like... you could have bought 3 or 4... but twenty fvcking two? She'd clip 3 coupons to save 5 cents on a can of soup.

jdini76

Platinum Member
Mar 16, 2001
It wouldn't have cost you $80, because it was being discontinued. it would have cost you nothing! ;)