Today I fail at understanding teh wife

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Umm...yeah...I pretty much think you're a freak for spending that much on soap too.

What if something new comes out that you like better?

hypn0tik

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2005
Next time she spends $40 on something entirely useless, give her a taste of her own medicine.

By 'her own medicine' I meant YOUR blend of herbs and spices...

Fireball77

Feb 26, 2002
Originally posted by: Akhen
so your not getting laid tonight huh?

just explain to her what you just told us?

but at least he would smell good....I will say that is a little overkill, I can see at most maybe 5. Good Luck

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002
Originally posted by: farmercal
Could you afford to spend that money? Or did you spend money you didn't have?

I can easily afford to spend $40 if I so desire.
She just grew up poor, her parents saved newspapers, they wash plasticwear and plastic bags, they re-usewrapping paper, etc... its just her mindset...
We gross close to 90k per year, and usually get 2-3k back on taxes... we're not rich, but were not pennyless by any sence of the word.

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000
That's a little excessive on your part IMHO. I would have bought maybe 3 bottles at the MOST. 22 bottles is a bit too much.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
1 bottle a week? Damn, what do you do, tip the bottle over and start squeezing the liquid soap on your body? You don't have a spunge or anything like that?

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002
Originally posted by: moshquerade
old spice body wash? grampa :p

it doesnt smell like original old spice...
they have sporty scents... like
after hours
aqua reef
glacial falls

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Originally posted by: HardcoreRobot
you use too much soap
That should last you much longer than 4-5 months. Use half the soap per shower and you'll still be just as clean (less suds of course though, but suds are meaningless).

Then tell her you saved $60!

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
You should introduce her to the Grocery Game if it's available in your area.

She would very quickly get over it, & might actually discover she enjoys it (if she's that money conscious).

Viper GTS

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002
Originally posted by: Baked
1 bottle a week? Damn, what do you do, tip the bottle over and start squeezing the liquid soap on your body? You don't have a spunge or anything like that?

2 showers perday. 1 ounce per shower. 14 ounce bottle.

and I dont use a separate shampoo... this is all purpose stuff.

dugweb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by: sao123
Originally posted by: dullard
1) There is a time value of money. If it takes many years to use that up, you didn't save anywhere near $40 (since you could have been earning money with that $40 in the process). But, overall, you probably did save money.

2) 22 bottles take up a lot of space. Did you stop to think about her? Maybe she needed that storages space for 137 bottles of makeup that she'll only use once.

3) Maybe she hated that scent, but was working up the courage to tell you. Now she has to suffer through years of it. She is a woman, remember, she can and will change preferences at the drop of a hat.

1) I use a bottle a week, because I shower twice a day, it will be used up in about 4-5 months.
2)22 bottles fits neatly in a box in my closet where none of her stuff is allowed to exist.

3)Its definatly a money thing. she likes the scent, its actually her favorite... its the 2005 limited edition... she was like... you could have bought 3 or 4... but twenty fvcking two? She'd clip 3 coupons to save 5 cents on a can of soup.

Wow! 1 bottle a week? It takes me AT LEAST 2 months to go through a bottle of that ish. I squirt probably a tablespoon onto my loofa (however it's spelled) and it lasts me forever.

2) I agree with your wife on this one. Your reasoning is funny to read :p seriously man, 22 bottles? and you can't see how that would get annoying.

theknight571

Platinum Member
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Baked
I think you should squirt all 20 bottles on her while she's sleeping and call it money well spent.

... FTW :)

LOL....this sounds like something my wife would do. Buy out the store because it was to good to pass up.

Admittedly...I might have done the same thing though....but probably not all 22. Perhaps just 10. :)

SKC

Golden Member
Jan 8, 2001
all those saying old spice = old man, their new soaps and whatnot actually smell good. I like their body wash too. 22 bottles may be a lot, but it's nothing to blow up over.

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
Originally posted by: dugweb
Originally posted by: dullard
1) There is a time value of money. If it takes many years to use that up, you didn't save anywhere near $40 (since you could have been earning money with that $40 in the process). But, overall, you probably did save money.

2) 22 bottles take up a lot of space. Did you stop to think about her? Maybe she needed that storages space for 137 bottles of makeup that she'll only use once.

3) Maybe she hated that scent, but was working up the courage to tell you. Now she has to suffer through years of it. She is a woman, remember, she can and will change preferences at the drop of a hat.

1) I use a bottle a week, because I shower twice a day, it will be used up in about 4-5 months.
2)22 bottles fits neatly in a box in my closet where none of her stuff is allowed to exist.

3)Its definatly a money thing. she likes the scent, its actually her favorite... its the 2005 limited edition... she was like... you could have bought 3 or 4... but twenty fvcking two? She'd clip 3 coupons to save 5 cents on a can of soup.

Wow! 1 bottle a week? It takes me AT LEAST 2 months to go through a bottle of that ish. I squirt probably a tablespoon onto my loofa (however it's spelled) and it lasts me forever.

2) I agree with your wife on this one. Your reasoning is funny to read :p seriously man, 22 bottles? and you can't see how that would get annoying.

Yea.....I actually like the stuff myself, it smells pretty good. It takes at least a month-2 months to go through one bottle.

It's also on clearance at Target too FYI

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
You're right.

She's wrong....

But if you're reaally smart you'll apologize and drop it.

cougar78

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2004
www.forthinc.com
Originally posted by: farmercal
Could you afford to spend that money? Or did you spend money you didn't have?

I can easily afford to spend $40 if I so desire.
She just grew up poor, her parents saved newspapers, they wash plasticwear and plastic bags, they re-usewrapping paper, etc... its just her mindset...
We gross close to 90k per year, and usually get 2-3k back on taxes... we're not rich, but were not pennyless by any sence of the word.

You mean you like giving 2-3k a year to the government to hold interest free? She may be a penny pincher but not that wise if she lets 2-3 thousand out of your hands every year that's held by the government interest free. I'd be more pissed about that then spending 40 bucks on soap.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
2 showers perday. 1 ounce per shower. 14 ounce bottle.

and I dont use a separate shampoo... this is all purpose stuff.

Ok, I see, you got the mini bottle size kind. I buy the 6 gallon a bottle size ones from Costco.