To tuck or untuck your shirt...with a suit.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Auric

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Comfort is key: not only physically but mentally, otherwise it will show. So, since not used to wearing such clothes it may be a good idea to wear them as often as possible for a week or so before so that you become accustomed and relaxed.

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Wow. Just wow.

I can't wait for the day that the average man learns to dress himself properly once again.

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
not tucking in is what you do casually with just the sports coat...if you wear a suit, you have to tuck it in unless you want to look like a fool.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: hongkongfever
Originally posted by: TheVrolok
Originally posted by: mugs
Seriously?

Who wears a suit and doesn't tuck in a shirt?

haha. I guess the general consensus is no. I was actually referring to a look more similar to THIS.

But instead of jeans, a little bit more formal pants.

That looks----ungood.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: Fritzo
Originally posted by: hongkongfever
Originally posted by: TheVrolok
Originally posted by: mugs
Seriously?

Who wears a suit and doesn't tuck in a shirt?

haha. I guess the general consensus is no. I was actually referring to a look more similar to THIS.

But instead of jeans, a little bit more formal pants.

That looks----ungood.

I think that is the sloppiest, worst dressed person I have seen with a suitcoat. If you're going for the "I fell off a bus and need some change", then by all means - untuck your shirt with a suit.

Also a tie is REQUIRED when you wear a suit. Tuck in your shirt, wear a belt, button all buttons and wear tie. It will look good and you can get some womenz.

Dirigible

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2006
In the past my slovenly dress has caused the head of my firm to issue a company-wide memo setting forth a dress code. Yet even I wear a suit and tie at a wedding. Weddings are not about your comfort, they're about the bride and groom (mostly the bride). Slacks and tucked in shirt are better than your first idea, but you really should go all the way to suit.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Dirigible
In the past my slovenly dress has caused the head of my firm to issue a company-wide memo setting forth a dress code. Yet even I wear a suit and tie at a wedding. Weddings are not about your comfort, they're about the bride and groom (mostly the bride). Slacks and tucked in shirt are better than your first idea, but you really should go all the way to suit.

LOL- we had a guy at work that caused a weekend dress code because he came in on Sunday dressed in pajamas and slippers.

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Who the fack wears a suit without tucking in their shirt? Sure, if you want to look like a slob.:roll: