The tears I cry are bitter and warm.
They flow with life but take no form
I Cry because my heart is torn.
I find it difficult to carry on.
If I had an ear to confiding,
I would cry among my treasured friend,
but who do you know that stops that long,
to help another carry on.
The world moves fast and it would rather pass by.
Then to stop and see what makes one cry,
so painful and sad.
And sometimes...
I Cry
and no one cares about why.

KidViciou$

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
WTF littleman? do you know who tupac is? what the hell kind of workers are YOU talking about? :|

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
don't get me wrong, I like Tupac, but that is not deep, and I would have to struggle to define it as poetry...

KidViciou$

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
napalm, i dont know how your post got above the others, must be server error, but i guess you dont like his style. i dont blame you, as there are many poets whose style i dont like, but they are considered some of the best

KidViciou$

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
i dont get what your saying chuckiey

foreversilky, that isnt a poem, thats immature chantings

KidViciou$

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
yea, but look at what happened to freaky tah from lost boyz? look at what happened to big? big had beef with tupac, no one else. freaky had beef with no one, just some other group was jealous of them

FrontlineWarrior

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2000
2pac couldn't hang? Oh my...
Compared to the absolute bottom of the barrel CRAP that constitutes rap and hip hop these days, 2pac would look like a prophet and a genius.

When he left he was at the top of his same. Nobody could even come close to him, and not many do now. He cut the track "To Live & Die in LA" in 5 minutes... he heard the sample and just busted up a freestyle right then and there. Try improvising a song like that off the top of your head.

He might not have been poetic in the elistist sense but that's not what he was about. He communicated to the masses; he didn't flower up his words. He communicated struggle, regret, optimism, comraderie, and gratitude in his songs, even if it was interspersed between urban bravado.

Now, compare that with rappers now who sing about "back that ass up", "dumps like a truck", "shake your ass, show me what you got", and all the other meaningless drivel. 2pac wasn't someone who had his 15 minutes and faded away.

Impact55

Platinum Member
Feb 16, 2000
2pac is better than any f*ckin new alternative band, and that's for real.... 2pac was raised and born in a bad enviroment, and his song reflects that. He was actually singing for real, I mean he ended up getting shot :(. If anyone wants a list of his unrealesed songs just ask!.

pen^2

Banned
Apr 1, 2000
why do people bash on him when they dont even know a single song of his? thats just str8 out arrogance and even bit of racism in my view (since you decided not to keep it to yourself) would you like us who listened to tupac all crap on your posts discussing whatever band unknown to me that you like? its such a pity how some people with very well laid out logic seem to be unable to elaborate on certain subjects they dislike. sigh...

pen^2

Banned
Apr 1, 2000
and yes i do agree most of that "back that ass up" shiz is such meaningless junk degrading the entire hip hop scene just as bad as puff daddy (yikes:() bullcrap...

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Perhaps "poet" might be a bit generous. Artist i think we could all agree on. Admittedly, i'm not a huge fan of the late Mr. Tupac, but i understand that others would disagree.

I we were to compare singers to poets, i think that Bob Dylan would certainly come closest to the definition, but as with all art, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think it's great that you dig Tupac's stuff, but realize that not everyone will necessarily embrace it as enthusiastically as you have :)

403Forbidden

Banned
May 4, 2000

<< yea, but look at what happened to freaky tah from lost boyz? >>

KidViciou$,

You'd be hard pressed to find anyone in this forum who knows who the Lost Boys were.
Most posters here still think &quot;gangsta rap&quot; is the prevailing style in rap today.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
I know who Lost Boyz is! I saw them at a hiphop fest here in New Orleans (the city you can blame for all the crappy hiphop (term used loosely in this case) around today) in the Superdome about 5 years ago. They were the best part of the show. The show was supposed be WuTang, Lost Boyz, NAS, a few local groups, and a couple other hip hop artists I can't remember. I mainly went for WuTang...I was a big fan back then. Well, Lost Boyz were up first, and they were tight. Good beats, damn good rhymes, and a good DJ. Everything went downhill from there...NAS didn't even show up and all the other acts sucked. Alot. WuTang was horrible. I think only the GZA, Ghostface, and a couple of the guys without solo careers were there. I mean, what's Wu without the RZA, ODB, and Mef? huh? THEY DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A LIVE DJ!!! Seriously, I think they played their CD in the background and rapped over it. Horrible. But, Lost Boyz kinda saved the night for us. I really liked em.

Midnight Rambler

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Too bad he didn't do anything in iambic pentameter.

Seriously, Rap sucks ... hard. I won't say that it is not an art form of any kind, but it is definitely not a musical art form.