To protect and serve!!!

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Credit where credit is due...
This is what to protect and serve means...

http://news.yahoo.com/mom-girls-jump-burning-home-cops-arms-205157965.html

CAMDEN, N.J. (AP) — Several police officers formed a human net to catch a woman and her two young daughters as they jumped from their burning home in southern New Jersey.

Camden County police said the fire on Atlantic Avenue in Camden was reported around 4:15 p.m. Wednesday, when residents notified two officers who happened to be on patrol in the area. They told them the woman and her children, ages 4 and 7, were trapped on the home's second floor.

Two other police officers soon arrived at the home, and all four gained entry by kicking open the front door. They tried to find the family, but thick smoke and heavy flames hampered their efforts.

One officer collapsed and was helped out of the home as another officer shouted for the mother to take her children to a rear window, police said.

Six other county officers who had responded to the scene circled beneath the window and locked arms, creating a human net. They encouraged the mother and her daughters to jump and safely caught all three.
The woman and her children remained hospitalized in critical condition Thursday with undisclosed injuries. Their names were not released.

One officer was treated for severe smoke inhalation and was released from a hospital Thursday.

"I'm extremely proud of the heroic actions taken by officers who responded to this fire," Chief J. Scott Thomson said. "They risked their lives without hesitation to make sure that the children and their mother got out, and because of their actions, this family is alive today.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Nobody is going to care until the next white cop kills black person story.

TreVader

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2013
Glad police can finally find a use for themselves (replacing a net) that doesn't involve shooting people.

I wonder how much those cops got payed to replace that net? Maybe we can use them to replace other safety devices like ladders or doors or parachutes?

We should have a drive to see what other jobs done by inanimate objects can be replaced with X number of police officers, so we can put cops to work. The NYPD seems to have a lot of free time these days.

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005
Doesn't fit the narrative. Remember what feminists said about the rolling stone story. It doesn't matter if the story isn't true. The important part is pushing the narrative.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
We need more stories like this so we can pretend like police brutality isn't an issue!

Good job OP!

/s

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
We need more stories like this so we can pretend like police brutality isn't an issue!

Good job OP!

Awww, you poor thing! Can't handle when someone posts a factual news story?

You're worried the only way you can get your truth believed is by controlling & limiting access to information?

We all feel deeply for you and your cause. We really do.

*or*

Maybe perhaps you don't have to be miserable all the time tearing down what you hate, and instead occasionally be positive building up what you like. *gasp* the horrors of it all!

But I mean, the real path towards advancement is not through lies & manipulation *cough* Ferguson *cough*. The message here is don't shout down other people for not advancing your narrative the way you think it should be advanced, especially when your methods have been pretty lousy taking three steps backwards for every step forward.

Last edited:

rpsgc

Sep 22, 2004
Would they have done the same if the occupants were male, black or both?

I know, I know, I couldn't help myself.

TreVader

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2013
Yes these officers deserve much acclaim.

Out of some 50,000 police officers spread all across the country, these six cops worked together to show up and do their jobs, while not shooting a single person. There was even a black kid nearby, and they totally left him alone!

ctk1981

Golden Member
Aug 17, 2001
I don't see any pictures or video. BS story made up to make police officers look good. :whiste:

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
I'm usually the first to criticisize cops, their tactics, policies they enforce and shouldn't, etc....

With that said, damn fine job these officers did.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
I never suspected that cops actually do good things. Why, it might be the case that cops actually do a lot more good things than bad things.