To me, this kind of makes sense.

lyssword

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2005
http://www.sciencedaily.com/re...07/11/071112133759.htm

"it is the presence of large numbers of "easily influenced" people who bring about major shifts by influencing other easy-to-influence people"

So you think *some* campaigners knew this fact? But w/ever democracy is democracy and there are obvious benefits of a public that can change it's mind on social issues.

*head asplodes*/

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: lyssword
http://www.sciencedaily.com/re...07/11/071112133759.htm

"Anytime some notable social change is recognized, whether it be a grassroots cultural fad, a successful marketing campaign, or a dramatic drop in crime rates, it is tempting to trace the phenomenon to the individuals who "started it," and conclude that their actions or behavior "caused" the events that subsequently took place," the authors write.

However, they explain: "...under most of these conditions influentials are less important than is generally supposed, either as initiators of large cascades, or as early adopters."

"it is the presence of large numbers of "easily influenced" people who bring about major shifts by influencing other easy-to-influence people"

So you think *some* campaigners knew this fact? But w/ever democracy is democracy and there are obvious benefits of a public that can change it's mind on social issues.

*head asplodes*/

Easily traced back to the talking heads, Rush, Hannity et all.

They then commanded soldiers in the churches and online such as the Bushco supporters in here.

Now since Bush is tarnished with failed war they claim to not support Bush but just the GOP which is interesting because they are one in the same.

It's all very successful brainwashing. Worked in the 1930's and still works now.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000

They then commanded soldiers in the churches and online such as the Bushco supporters in here.

Now since Bush is tarnished with failed war they claim to not support Bush but just the GOP which is interesting because they are one in the same.

It's all very successful brainwashing. Worked in the 1930's and still works now.

Speaking of brainwashing...

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
Originally posted by: Skoorb

Speaking of brainwashing...

Oh come on, Skoorb, he's right.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
An interesting study of how virtual people act in a computer model in which the networks in which those people are virtually embedded act if various assumptions about them and the networks are programmed in.

One universal truth they should try programming into their virtual people is that an 'influential' is always me and never them and an 'easily influenced is never me and always them, no matter who the 'me' is.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
This article uses a lot of words to say nothing.

For instance if the Media chooses not to report on a person with an Idea they get no air time and no one knows what they think or want to do. The media has the ability to slowly brainwash people over time.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: piasabird

For instance if the Media chooses not to report on a person with an Idea they get no air time and no one knows what they think or want to do. The media has the ability to slowly brainwash people over time.

Silly me, and here I was suspecting that all them fancy words was being used in such a contorted fashion to cover up the fact that somebody didn't know what he was talking about.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Ask yourself "How do you know what some person is trying to start a movement for is working for?"

Mail?
Internet Blog?
E-mail?
Newspaper?
Radio?
TV?
Roadsigns?
Protests?
Public Discourse?
Fund Raisers?
Church?
Town Hall Meetings?
Schools?

Basically if the media is not willing to help the public out no one knows much of anything other than what happens in their own town. This is the primary reason the media is given permission to use our public airways. However, often they choose and pick what they will allow to be aired on the public airways they have been given permission to use by the public. How well does your media outlet allow people to have a voice? Do they try to brainwash the public one way or another, or are they fair and balanced? Unless you know what goes on behind the scenes there is no way for you to know, is there?

We should teach people to think for themselves and not allow other people to put words in our mouths.

So basically this person who wrote the article is saying most of America are made up of a bunch of dumb mindless sheep who dont have a clue.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
The OP made a lot of sense. Then I read the next post, and changed my mind. Until I reread the OP, but then I read another dissent. Crap. I'm one of them.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com

why is "idea" capitalized? :confused:

/toss 5th grade english textbook to piasabird

learn some shit.

cwjerome

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2004
Originally posted by: eits

learn some shit.

Wow... another high quality post. From someone who rarely capitalizes anything no less. You show em tiger.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
For good info on 'how people are influenced' politically - the problems our democracy has - see Walter Lippmann's early books, such as 'Public Opinion', very relevant today.

Here, read it for free, and post if you do - both with comments, and to let me know bothering to provide it has any benefit at all.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Originally posted by: cwjerome

learn some shit.

Wow... another high quality post. From someone who rarely capitalizes anything no less. You show em tiger.

actually, i don't capitalize anything when i type (except for God). it's my style of typing. are you trying to tell me that your style is improper capitalizations and poor punctuation?

cwjerome

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2004

learn some shit.

actually, i don't capitalize anything when i type (except for God). it's my style of typing. are you trying to tell me that your style is improper capitalizations and poor punctuation?

No, I'm just suggesting you're probably half retarded.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com

learn some shit.

hmm, quite. knowing correct capitalization and punctuation renders one half retarded -- astute observation.

:confused:

edit: pfft... you're from arizona (dumbest state in the union). no wonder.

Jun 26, 2007

learn some shit.

Funny I Captitalise Everything Except For god Because You Are The Antichrist.

Jun 26, 2007

learn some shit.

Half?

Jun 26, 2007

learn some shit.

hmm, quite. knowing correct capitalization and punctuation renders one half retarded -- astute observation.

Not properly capitalising things and then complaining about someone else not doing it earns you the medal of perpetual stupidity.

THAT is a comeback, yours was just pathetic.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Originally posted by: JohnOfSheffield

learn some shit.

Not properly capitalising things and then complaining about someone else not doing it earns you the medal of perpetual stupidity.

THAT is a comeback, yours was just pathetic.

? :confused:

like e.e. cummings, not capitalizing is my style of typing. i'm not going to change my style. i know when to capitalize words and when to use proper punctuation (obviously, since i called people out on using them improperly). that's the difference between piasabird and cwjerome and me.

someone who unnecessarily capitalizes words and doesn't use proper punctuation should go back to middle school english class.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Well, it looks like things like linking a classic, insightful book for reference is, indeed, an utter waste of time.

cwjerome

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2004
Originally posted by: Craig234
Well, it looks like things like linking a classic, insightful book for reference is, indeed, an utter waste of time.

It doesn't help that some half-wit takes a giant shat on the thread by insulting someone who capitalized a word. Wow. (and then goes on blubbering how her writing style is like ee cummings :roll: )

Pretty much downhill from there...