To honor the death of Chester Bennington you must watch this video! (Linkin park)

Gizmo j

Nov 9, 2013

This is Linkin Park in its prime.

Edit: And today is the third anniversary of Chester death.

Bump for 2020, it's his death day again.

Last edited:

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Why are honoring his death???

Second anniversary of his death today. They were one of the biggest bands in the world, with more than 100 million records sold. Large fanbase, coupled with the fact that humanity in general is getting more open about talking about mental health issues like depression.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Hybrid theory is my favorite

Yeah, their best one imo. Although if you listen to the lyrics, you could tell he was having some pretty serious struggles in his life.

I still remember that picture his wife posted on Twitter after he died. It was a photo of him looking happy & smiling just days before his death. You just never know:

rcpratt

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
If you dickheads don’t like the music or have a problem with it for some reason, how about you just sit this one out rather than shitting in this thread.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
If you dickheads don’t like the music or have a problem with it for some reason, how about you just sit this one out rather than shitting in this thread.

^^^ This.

Perknose
Forum Director

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002

"To honor the death of Chester Bennington you must watch this video! (Linkin park)"

Do I have to?

You were warned.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

GobBluth

Sep 18, 2012
Second anniversary of his death today. They were one of the biggest bands in the world, with more than 100 million records sold. Large fanbase, coupled with the fact that humanity in general is getting more open about talking about mental health issues like depression.
Chris Cornell though...

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
I've never heard of honoring the death of someone, and there is certainly not a youtube video requirement for honoring someone who has passed.

Mar 11, 2004
I liked them for a bit in high school, when their youth angsty stuff resonated with me hard. I find them really difficult to listen to today (I actually tried to some in like the past 5 years and quickly sought out Reanimation because all the funky music twists made it easier to overlook the youth angst of Hybrid Theory where the tone of the music itself even permeates with it).

Which I like aspects of their music, I liked how the cadence of everything went together (that's frankly probably the thing that matters most as far as my enjoyment of music, is just having an good cadence and especially when that's integrated very well with the vocals where they enhance each other), and the juxtoposition of Chester's and Shinoda's vocals and how the base music would underline the contrast between the two. But that overall tone is just unbearable to me now. I tried listening to their later albums but their general sound had started to age poorly for me and didn't evolve enough. It still had too much of that underlying angsty tone that for me I think diminished how much of the underlying themes hold true into adulthood. Frankly, I think that tonality even caused their musical talent to get overlooked (I think they were more talented than their music seemed), although I know for some that was their identity and what made them stand out so its what the appeal for many people about them was. But it seems like something that Chester couldn't let go of or move on from and was what ultimately led him, sadly, to his demise.

Which I don't think its terribly controversial to say that nu metal didn't age particularly well. Granted some people are being especially dickheads about it. That whole era of rock is a rough listen today (its not just Linkin Park, or Nu Metal that is that way). Honestly, I think music in general around that time was having an issue as there's very little that I think holds up to time.

Reactions: Ichinisan

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
It's a shame. Goes to show that money, and fame aren't all its cracked up to be if you aren't in good health.

That's physical and mental.