To Canadians: Which one is better? amazon.com chapters.ca indigo.ca

NoriBSD

Sep 30, 2000
Hi Canadians,
thesedays i'm considering to purchase some books from online website.
i've been using chapters.ca so far but in some cases i found some other website provide
less shipping day than chapters.ca. the prices and security degree may vary too.
here's my question: which website do u think better?
amazon.com
chapters.ca
indigo.ca
(or any website you wanna suggest)
any suggestions are appreciated in advance.

GL

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I'd choose between indigo.ca or chapters.ca...I wouldn't even consider amazon.com. But that's just because of my past good experiences with the two Canadian companies (well now they're one).

-GL

NoriBSD

Sep 30, 2000
thank you for your reply GL.
by the way i dont understand what you mean by "well now they're one"
are the two companies incorporated each other?

GL

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Indigo bought out Chapters. The two companies are still operating seperately but they've got the same owners.

-GL

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
I'm an indigo.ca fan myself, namely because they seem to have a slightly larger selection than chapters.ca, at least in the genres I peruse. I'd actually recommend searching Indigo and Chapters for university textbooks online before buying them from your university or a discount dealer. Picked up my Calculus textbook for 40% below list price this way. ;)

chapters.ca has this great shtick where they sell a different DVD title every day for ~$12 CDN. Good thing I don't have a DVD player...yet.

Wouldn't even bother with amazon.com. Their shipping and wait times kill it for me.

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
I've only delt with Chapters Online and I've been very satisfyed with the level of service that I've gotten.

Cheers,
Aquaman