To all the muscle heads in this forum

Arkitech

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2000
I just recently have regained my enthusiasm for exercising. I am determined to regain my physique again.

About 4 1/2 years ago I weighed about 195 with about 3-5% body fat. I worked out with weights every other day. I also did sit-ups, push-ups and massive amounts of cardio on a daily basis. Needless to say I was in the best shape of my life during that time period and it showed.

Today i'm 6'1 280 lbs (but suprisingly I'm not fluffy, just extremely solid and stocky) My question for the fitness guru's is this. Would I do damage to myself if worked out everyday with weights? Since I already have mass I figure that if worked out with weights everyday and supplemented that with push ups it would help me achieve the cut look at a faster rate.

Does anyone have any input on this? Thanks

desy

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2000
You can workout everyday but take the weekend off.
Don't forget about diet just as important as exercise. when I hit 30 it was a lot harder to keep the weight off, used to be that I would just add 20 min cardio to the end of my wieght workout and I'd drop 2/3 pounds a month , not anymore.
Eat what you want just keep the portions down, don't eat late at night
drop the empty calories ie beer and snacks.
You can also consider some metabolic enhancers like ephadrine or caffene pills just don't cocktail them altogether.
Good luck and remember being consistant is more important than intensity.

MooseKnuckle

Golden Member
Oct 24, 1999
Do cardio to cut up. In the 15 yrs. I been training, I've never achieved a "cut phase" by lifting alone. Do a minimum of 45 mins. 4 days a week. Vary the intensity and the cardio exercises you do. Your body becomes accustomed to your training and eating habits as well. When trying to burn fat, don't let your heart get above 75% of your max for too long. Below 75% you're maximizing your fat burning. Max heart for beginners is 220 minus your age. As for lifting everyday, don't your body needs rest. Overtraining does nobody any good. 3-4 days on 1 off is a good start. Good Luck.