TJ going to Vet's to get "Tutored"

labgeek

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2002
Poor puppy doesn't know what's going to happen... But it's a VA requirement for dogs you get from the humane society, and a good idea anyway, but still...

I did elect to get him the optional antibiotics and pain meds post-op though. It was the least we could do...

Pic of TJ in Ft Douglas (his other adopted brother) Downstairs Outpost

Pic of him with Douglas

Fort Douglas -- aka the dining room table... - where Doug goes when he's had enough of the younger brother's playfulness

In case you were wondering about him getting "tutored"... see this

fbrdphreak

Lifer
Apr 17, 2004
Awww, cute. Black lab?

My 'rents dog is 1/2 Blacklab & 1/2 Irish Setter, looks a lot like TJ there.

Mrvile

Lifer
Oct 16, 2004
Originally posted by: labgeek
Poor puppy doesn't know what's going to happen... But it's a VA requirement for dogs you get from the humane society, and a good idea anyway, but still...

I did elect to get him the optional antibiotics and pain meds post-op though. It was the least we could do...

Pic of TJ in Ft Douglas (his other adopted brother) Downstairs Outpost -

It's for the better anyhow. Wouldn't want the dog humping the furniture.

labgeek

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2002
Originally posted by: fbrdphreak
Awww, cute. Black lab?

My 'rents dog is 1/2 Blacklab & 1/2 Irish Setter, looks a lot like TJ there.

Mostly lab, some walker hound in there too they say. The head isn't quite as round and broad as most lab heads are... He's a kick to be around.

(pics moved to OP)

labgeek

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2002
Update -- TJ is awake and wagging his tail... I get to pick him up in a few hours.

labgeek

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2002
It was done in fun. I was wondering if anyone would pick up on it...

I eas going to put "lad... er... las..." but figured that was too obvious.

I changed it now that someone caught it (and said something for those that saw it and kept quite)

Anyone know if I'll need to add him to the DirecTV account for him to pick up channels with that satellite dish around his head??

labgeek

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2002
Originally posted by: jadinolf
If he's like my Fred, he will hate you forever. :)

Didn't have a choice in the matter. He came from the local humane society, and Virginia law says we have to. But if he's up and wagging his tail, I suspect he'll get over it pretty quick. His "brother" Doug on the other hand takes things to heart pretty much. We tried to use a underground fence, he did a backflip, let out a yelp, and has been afraid of the backyard ever since... We sold the underground fence and are putting in a more traditional one.

Gurck

Banned
Mar 16, 2004
Such a cute dog :) Sure it's for the best, but I felt awful about doing it too :(