TiVo online scheduling is awesome...

Argo

Lifer
Apr 8, 2000
Sitting upstairs in my study, neffing on ATOT when I realize that I forgot to schedule my TiVo to record North Shore. Being a lazy SOB, I didn't feel like going downstairs. I just remembered that TiVo made online scheduling part of basic subscription. So I gave it a shot - and it's actually easier than using the TiVo itself - type the name of the show, select options and voila, season pass completed.

Nov 5, 2001
Tivo Basic is $4.95/mo, and does NOT include HMO options like remote scheduling and video/music sharing. I assume OP meant that Tivo made HMO a part of every standard subscription...

Argo

Lifer
Apr 8, 2000
Originally posted by: MikeyIs4Dcats
Tivo Basic is $4.95/mo, and does NOT include HMO options like remote scheduling and video/music sharing. I assume OP meant that Tivo made HMO a part of every standard subscription...

Yup, it's part of standard now.

doesn't it take several hours for tivo to dial in and update though?

Not if you connect TiVo through broadband.

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
HMO is part of the standard TiVo sub now. But I find online scheduling a bit more trouble than it's usually worth. It's rare that I'm out or something and I:

(a) See a show I want to watch
that (b) I don't already have recorded
and (c) I am around a computer to program my TiVo

ah well it's nice to know I can anyway ;)

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Another reason to curse DirecTV for not updating their DirecTivos and enabling the HMO.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: tm37
Originally posted by: RossMAN
I wish we still had DirecTIVO :(

It truely rocks.

Why did you get rid of it?

DirecTV is a PITA at our current residence.

When we get a home, I'm getting DirecTV :)

Crucial

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2000
Any hot deals on DirecTV? I have a dish installed at the house I just bought but I have never had DirecTV before. I have no idea whether or not it's worth it over cable.