Titanic is back in theaters

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
https://www.fandango.com/search?q=titanic&mode=general

Imax 3D and Dolby Vision. Also regular.
Saw it on the big screen 20 years ago. It wasn't too horrible aside from Celine Dion.
I remember in the rows behind me there were a bunch of tweens crying and cheering the whole time. Found it kind of irritating for 3 hours. I'd go back, except the tickets are kinda pricy and my ass is no longer 18 years old. Doubt I could tough it out for so long, even if I had a donut, which I do not.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
But if stormtroopers were piloting the Titanic, wouldn’t it have missed the iceberg?

Yep .... and then it would have been blown up by a seagull flying down a smokestack

Just watched this the other day for the first time in years... great movie. (although I swear to this day Jack could have made it onto the wreckage damnit!)

NoTine42

Golden Member
Sep 30, 2013
Yep .... and then it would have been blown up by a seagull flying down a smokestack

Just watched this the other day for the first time in years... great movie. (although I swear to this day Jack could have made it onto the wreckage damnit!)
Years ago, I recall there was a college class looking at ways to save most Titanic passengers, and they said that there were enough wood doors, etc that a temp floating “island” could have been made to save most.

Naval types immediately dismissed it as “impractical.”

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Years ago, I recall there was a college class looking at ways to save most Titanic passengers, and they said that there were enough wood doors, etc that a temp floating “island” could have been made to save most.

Naval types immediately dismissed it as “impractical.”
I think many would still have frozen to death. AS I recall from reading about that time frame, it was a very cold winter that year.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006

I'm with ya, bitch either we both gonna make it or we are both not gonna make it now scoot your ass over!

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I saw it on a small screen at some point. I enjoyed it, but don't need to see it again.