Tips for guys to control oily skin?

BamBam215

Golden Member
Feb 17, 2000
Oily skin blows. By noon time, it looks like I just ran the mile. Are there anything for guys that helps control that "shiny, i just ran the mile" look caused by oily skin?

fatbaby

Banned
May 7, 2001
Try growing older. You can always buy those special acne tissues that will wipe off the oil too.

BamBam215

Golden Member
Feb 17, 2000
bah. i dont want to have to carry extra stuff around and sneak into the bathroom to wash my face every 2 hrs.

atom

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 1999
I have a small oily skin problem, not as bad as some but it annoys me when afternoon rolls around. I use the J&J foaming face wash in the morning and it seems to help.

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
My wife has some little oil blotting things that she swears by.

Looks like a little tissue paper, and you just dab it on your face couple of times a day.

LongCoolMother

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2001
just try using astringent or the cleansing pads with you. they arent that large.

once a week i use this masque called "Queen Helene Julep Mint Masque" thats $2.84 at wal-mart. it works really good, and it reallllllly sucks all the oil and dead skin, and all that bad dirt stuff out of deep skin. just keep it on for like 15 minutes, you can feel is sucking everything out. afterwards your skin feels really tight, its awesome. i just have my mom buy it for me, id be embarassed to.

dont let your skin get too dry either, moisturize it a lot, because if its constantly dry, thats whats encouraging your face to produce more oil.

BamBam215

Golden Member
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: LongCoolMother
just try using astringent or the cleansing pads with you. they arent that large.

once a week i use this masque called "Queen Helene Julep Mint Masque" thats $2.84 at wal-mart. it works really good, and it reallllllly sucks all the oil and dead skin, and all that bad dirt stuff out of deep skin. just keep it on for like 15 minutes, you can feel is sucking everything out. afterwards your skin feels really tight, its awesome. i just have my mom buy it for me, id be embarassed to.

dont let your skin get too dry either, moisturize it a lot, because if its constantly dry, thats whats encouraging your face to produce more oil.

i've seen that at sav-on. it's actually $1.50 at sav-on now. i spend so much time in the facial section ehehe. im gonna have to try it although i heard aztec indian clay is like the sh*t when it comes to facial mask.

sluggo, can u find out what they're called? thanks

schaden, u're such a jim carey
rolleye.gif

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
So what will a person look like after using Queen Helenes julep mask for 50 or 60 years ?

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Wash twice a day with a "gritty" facial cleanser, hell, even sandy dirt would work :p Seriously, my sister has this stuff that you're supposed to use on your hands and feet, it feels like lotion with a ton of tiny sand particles in it. I use it on my face, it usually removes and dead skin, so I have virtually no pimples and oily skin isnt' a problem.

LongCoolMother

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Dead Parrot Sketch
So what will a person look like after using Queen Helenes julep mask for 50 or 60 years ?

noooo idea. its supposedly designed for acne prone skin. and seeing as to i have very mild acne, i use it anyway. i just like the feeling afterwards, its real crisp and it takes all the excess oil from your face. its a kind of exfoliant.

there are other masques ive seen online at acne.org and such. people use honey, egg whites, clay, all sorts of stuff.

LongCoolMother

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2001
Originally posted by: rbloedow
Wash twice a day with a "gritty" facial cleanser, hell, even sandy dirt would work :p Seriously, my sister has this stuff that you're supposed to use on your hands and feet, it feels like lotion with a ton of tiny sand particles in it. I use it on my face, it usually removes and dead skin, so I have virtually no pimples and oily skin isnt' a problem.

yea, that stuff is the R0X0RZ. especially the st. ives apricot scrub. its awesome to destroy all the dead skin cells. i kept on using it until my face was way too sensitive for it, and it would be abrasive and make my acne worse. then i went to the washers with "micro beads" which are just as effective, but much gentler. they deep clean pores too. the apricot scrub is great if you have thick+oily skin.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: BamBam215
Oily skin blows. By noon time, it looks like I just ran the mile. Are there anything for guys that helps control that "shiny, i just ran the mile" look caused by oily skin?
I have severe oily skin and hair. I hate it with a passion. I only have dry skin on one elbow and thats only in the winter. One thing is for sure, my skin will always be soft and wrinkle free. ;)

Fatbaby doesn't get it. Oily skin is usually a lifelong condition, not a temporary thing. Age has no effect on it.

What I am looking for is a good shampoo for oily hair control.

HappyCracker

Mar 10, 2001
I thought I had oily skin. Turns out I was trying too hard to keep it clean without putting any moisture back in and the oil was my skin's way of trying to keep some juice in it. Got some Ceetaphil moisturizer, problem solved

eflat

Platinum Member
Feb 27, 2000
All ya' can do is mop it up. The only real solution is accutane, and trust me you don't want that. The oil would come back as soon as you stopped using it too.

However if you are under 25 your skin probably WILL get less oily with time. Really.

psianime

Golden Member
Mar 16, 2002
Over time I've seen less and less big pimples. I just clean my face and never touch it. Thats all.

-psianime

AznMaverick

Platinum Member
Apr 4, 2001
get a good moisturizer. it might sound weird but i've heard that people with oily skin only produce more oil because their skin is too dry and if you use moisturizers they might help.

vegetation

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2001
Just wash your face with soap. Benzoyl peroxide works well but unless you're at home you probably wont have access to it. Regular hand washing soap is good enough. Don't bother with those oil paper things, if your skin is that oily you'll go through those like tissues during a flu.