Tip: How to get free withdrawls from Paypal via ATM (YMMV)

Proz

Jun 13, 2002
This might not apply to everyone, but I've been doing this for about 9 months now /w no penalty ATM fees and I've never seen a mention of this before.

Typically, if you have the Paypal debit card, you would be charged the amount taken + ATM fee + $1 from Paypal. If you don't have a Paypal debit card, just sign up for a Premiere Business Account, make it an active account then sign up for the account.

Now, if you use Washington Mutual ATM machines (you don't need to have an account with them) which has about 1800 locations nationwide. While withdrawing from the ATM, pick checking account. Go through the process and have your money instantly. This is helpful if you're a professional e-bayer like me and you need some quick money while on the road. It beats having the money deposited into your bank account while waiting 3-5 days. You can only withdrawal up to $400 a day from ATMs but that should be sufficient. It's quick cash and your account won't be charged any fees except what you?ve withdrawn.

Don't reply back if you loathe Paypal or hate all the hidden fees they throw in. This is just meant for a quick tip to anyone who regularly uses a Paypal account like I do for a lot of my transactions.

Rupster

Feb 12, 2003
Thank you for the post. The only thing I haven't liked about paypal payments is difficulty actually getting the money from the account.

iambiotech

Oct 19, 2001
So Paypal isn't charging you the $1 even though you're using an ATM? Sure beats going to the drug store to buy a chocolate bar and asking for $100 cash back!

chynkboi

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2002
hmm, very interesting... too bad i don't notice too many of those ATM's around here...

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
You can probably get cash back from any supermarket without any paypal fees...I can do that from Publix, anyways =)

Heretik

Jan 12, 2000
Originally posted by: CadetLee
You can probably get cash back from any supermarket without any paypal fees...I can do that from Publix, anyways =)

That's how I usually do it. Buy something for $2 - $3 and get $20 - $40 cashback.......no fees :)

ai42

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2001
Curious I use Washington Mutal for my regular banking anyway. I'll have to try this out. FYI I love PayPals 1.5% cashback thing, I mean why would you use it as a debt card I always charge stuff so I get the 1.5% back, and there appears to be no cap (like credit cards with cash back features). I've even used PayPal debt card as a charge transaction to purchase something off ebay using Paypal!

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
I dunno, it's free to transfer PayPal $ to your checking account (i.e. electronic deposit). Why is this method any better?

- dm

dethman

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
I dunno, it's free to transfer PayPal $ to your checking account (i.e. electronic deposit). Why is this method any better?

- dm

quote:
It beats having the money deposited into your bank account while waiting 3-5 days

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001

- dm

Because I can have it *now*. :D

Banana

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2001
I wonder if the free ATM is because Paypal has some kind of relationship with Wa Mutual? Like maybe that's where Paypal deposits some of its zillions?

Oh, BTW, I (in robotic voice) "loathe Paypal or hate all the hidden fees they throw in." :p

QuicknDirty

Dec 26, 2002
I ALWAYS use my Paypal ATM, irregardless of if I pay fees to pull it out or not...typically the day I get a payment of any decent amount in there. It's the safest and quickest way to insure I'll actually see the cash.

RDMustang1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2001
Thinking of getting a paypal debit card for the 1.5% cashback, but it says your auctions cannot list any forms of payment other than paypal.. how strict are they on that? I don't like listing an auction that only says I accept paypal...

ai42

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2001
Thinking of getting a paypal debit card for the 1.5% cashback, but it says your auctions cannot list any forms of payment other than paypal.. how strict are they on that? I don't like listing an auction that only says I accept paypal...
I do ebay auctions all the time, curious I accept PP, C2it, MO, and it is clearly stated on my auctions and I have the debt card but I've had the debt card for some time so I may be under a grandfather clause or something. I mean paypal adds their junk to my auctions but thats no big deal.

MJGunn

Golden Member
Aug 28, 2001
Damn, searched for one in NJ, apparently, the closest one is in Ohio :(

Would have been nice to save $2.75 everytime I want to get money. Last time I had to call my friend and have him paypal me 50 cents so I'd have enough money in there to cover the fees and still get an even amount of cash out :D

bjamm2

Dec 29, 2002
the back of my paypal card that i just recieved this week says Issued by Bank one so it YMMV by the issued bank? As the first post mentioned Washington Mutual, but mine says bank one.

fr

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: ai42
I do ebay auctions all the time, curious I accept PP, C2it, MO, and it is clearly stated on my auctions and I have the debt card but I've had the debt card for some time so I may be under a grandfather clause or something. I mean paypal adds their junk to my auctions but thats no big deal.

I've also had the debit card for a while (~18 months+). ONCE they sent me an e-mail about how I haven't sold anything on eBay for a while and I had to sell something within two weeks to keep my 1.5% cashback. I did nothing.

A few months later they sent me an e-mail that said my eBay ID was invalid. I checked and it wasn't. I removed it from my PayPal account and added it again. They haven't bothered me since and I still continue to get 1.5% cashback.

morkinva

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 1999

- dm

You don't want to link a checking account number with them. The reason being so they cannot grab money from it when there is a 'problem'. Screw them. They once held up a payment to me for over $2000 for about a month and it made me sick to my stomach. From other stuff I've read I was lucky to get the money at all.

I never leave anything substantial in there. When I link a credit card to the account, its a one-time use number. Haha!!

Proz

Jun 13, 2002
Originally posted by: bjamm2
the back of my paypal card that i just recieved this week says Issued by Bank one so it YMMV by the issued bank? As the first post mentioned Washington Mutual, but mine says bank one.

Whom issued the card doesn't matter, you still get free ATM withdrawls as long as it's done through Washington Mutual.