[Tip] Get the old, analog clock back in Win 10

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
Don't know about you, but I hate the new digital clock. Found this quick registry tweak on reddit:

1. Click on the Start Menu icon and type regedit.
  2. After you've done that, please go to the following directory: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ImmersiveShell
  3. Once you are there, please go to Edit → New → DWORD (32-bit) Value
  4. Now name the value that you created UseWin32TrayClockExperience.
  5. By default, your value will be set to 0 which is going to by default have the new design. What you're going to want to do is right click on the value that you named UseWin32TrayClockExperience and click Modify....
  6. Once you've done that, please set the value to 1. Now you will have the analog clock that you're used to.
Voila! You have your nice old analog clock and calendar back!

AGAIN..I am just baffled out of my mind why we need registry hacks for simple settings. I guess a simple check mark in the clock options etc. is just too much to ask for...

Last edited:

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
This one:

analog-clock.jpg

Sorry, find this MUCH better....your mileage may vary :)

Dude111

Golden Member
Jan 19, 2010
You mean the analogue clock that has been in ALL OS's is gone in 10?? (No surprise)

844516Capture.png

What shows up when you click the clock on 10?

SparkyJJO

Lifer
May 16, 2002
10 gives you the calendar with a digital clock (including seconds) above it.

Example:

date-time-hide-icon-10147.jpg

OlyAR15

Oct 23, 2014
Why would anyone even want an analog clock? You think MS should waste time putting in options for something as useless as an analog clock?

JackMDS

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 25, 1999
Why would anyone even want an analog clock? You think MS should waste time putting in options for something as useless as an analog clock?

If you do not walk at all you end up with Legs deterioration.

If you do not use some of the Brain Cognitive capacities you end up with diminished cognition.

:cool:

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001

Different question: Why would I need a giant, over-sized calendar showing me it's "Saturday, November 14". I get this information by hovering over the time w/ my mouse. Plus, obviously I can set two additional clocks like GMT, Eastern, Pacific etc. I know it's a matter of taste but I dont like the Win10 clock.

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001

MS wastes a lot of time w/ all sorts of crap. For me, ANY additional option is a plus. Another example would be the inability that I can set desktop colors using a color wheel....which amazingly you could do 20 years back but now it's scrapped. Taking features away and less options is NOT "better", it's worse.

bruceb

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
I just want to find out how to get rid of the Calendar in the clock on Windows 10 ..... I have a calendar in my Webshots .. don't need one in the clock as well.

OlyAR15

Oct 23, 2014
Different question: Why would I need a giant, over-sized calendar showing me it's "Saturday, November 14". I get this information by hovering over the time w/ my mouse. Plus, obviously I can set two additional clocks like GMT, Eastern, Pacific etc. I know it's a matter of taste but I dont like the Win10 clock.

I use the calendar a lot more than an analog clock. I find it useful to quickly check future or past dates without having to load a separate calendar app.

Not to mention that you can add up to two additional clocks in different time zones already without needing an analog clock.

Last edited: