Time to reallocate my electricity usage

JC

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000
Well TeAm, I've gone about as far as I can in the Rosetta rankings....I have the feeling that a couple TeAmmates I've passed recently will bringing their considerable resources to bear on me :D I think I've done OK for the project and the TeAm, being just a guy with 4 computers running 24/7 at home :thumbsup: but the electric bill is substantial, month after month...and with the price of gasoline, and the hot tub I just installed :D I'll be shutting down the dedicated crunchers soon, but I'll still have my main box (at least it's a 2.5GHz dual-core) and I'll still be crunching for the TeAm.

Go TeAm! :beer:

RobertE

May 14, 2005
Originally posted by: JC
Well TeAm, I've gone about as far as I can in the Rosetta rankings....I have the feeling that a couple TeAmmates I've passed recently will bringing their considerable resources to bear on me :D I think I've done OK for the project and the TeAm, being just a guy with 4 computers running 24/7 at home :thumbsup: but the electric bill is substantial, month after month...and with the price of gasoline, and the hot tub I just installed :D I'll be shutting down the dedicated crunchers soon, but I'll still have my main box (at least it's a 2.5GHz dual-core) and I'll still be crunching for the TeAm.

Go TeAm! :beer:

Weird. I'm in the mist of the doing the same thing. (minus the hot tub :( )

Costs are just getting too high for everything and my pay isn't going in the right direction.

Neurodog

Jan 11, 2000
I keep trying to stop DC'ing because of the cost of electricity but I get pulled back in for some reason.

Winter is almost here and with the cold weather I leave them on but during warmer weather I shut them down.

It also helps to live in Quebec, Canada where power is cheap.

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
We still love ya whether you crunch with 200, 20, 1 or even zero crunchers, and you will always be welcome to hang out around here. :)

For me. it's always been more about the TeAm and teammates than how many crunchers you have. :)

OK, to be honest, at times, it's been also been about my stats. ;)

There was a time this year, when I was ill and in the process of moving, that I didn't have any crunchers running for a number of months, and I don't have the space at home to have any additional crunchers than my main PC, and that's ok. We all do what we can with what we've got. It's all about the TeAm. :D

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Originally posted by: RaySun2Be
We still love ya whether you crunch with 200, 20, 1 or even zero crunchers, and you will always be welcome to hang out around here. :)

For me. it's always been more about the TeAm and teammates than how many crunchers you have. :)

OK, to be honest, at times, it's been also been about my stats. ;)

There was a time this year, when I was ill and in the process of moving, that I didn't have any crunchers running for a number of months, and I don't have the space at home to have any additional crunchers than my main PC, and that's ok. We all do what we can with what we've got. It's all about the TeAm. :D

QFT ...

... and I agree 100%.