Time To End Minimum Wage

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Yep. The crack whore is someone's child/mother/sister/friend as well. What someone does means nothing in life, it's who they are that matters. Some of the absolute BEST human beings I have ever known were nothing...janitors, housewives, average or just below intelligence common men and women. A LOT of exceptional people (in fact most I have ever known) are complete and total asses with no redeeming qualities that I could find. I learned a long time ago to NEVER judge a person by their position.

Now, that said, I place an overall lower value on anyone who breaks the social contract to become a criminal who victimizes others, but that's just me. I acknowledge that others have differing views, and that's ok too. In fact, the subjectivity of 'worth' and 'value' is a primary supporting element of my argument. Because they are not objective traits they cannot be a meaningful measure beyond individual perception.

Sounds like you are trying to rationalize your own value based on personal short comings.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
Equality is a myth. Are you really trying to tell me that a crack whore's life is worth the same as a cancer researcher's life?

What if the cancer researcher is also a pedophile? Or the crack whore is single mom trying to improve her life? Or do you keep to simple things like POOR = BAD. I mean, with the outlook you have, you'd have to keep it simple.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
Except they have done more damage than anyone else

Who has done more damage than anyone else? Democrats? Blacks? Either way, your argument seems to be little more than pounding the table here.

Do you want to discuss the minimum wage? How about you at least acknowledge the historical reason of why it was necessary in the first place. Otherwise, congratulations on a successful trolling.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
What if the cancer researcher is also a pedophile? Or the crack whore is single mom trying to improve her life? Or do you keep to simple things like POOR = BAD. I mean, with the outlook you have, you'd have to keep it simple.

Sorry for not writing a 10 page dissertation completely outlining the entire life story of each individual. But you seem to be implying that being a pedophile would lower the value of a person's life (which I would agree with)... which would imply that not everyone's life is of equal value.

You do realize that crack whore implies she is whoring for crack right? That is not my definition of improving your life.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
No, intelligent, accomplished, respected by friends and family, adheres to ideology, etc.

not buying it.

I got a great idea though, we give everyone that makes less than $100k per year a tax-free check for $100k, all problems solved.

May 16, 2000
not buying it.

I got a great idea though, we give everyone that makes less than $100k per year a tax-free check for $100k, all problems solved.

Honestly, most nations do something similar. Not at that level obviously, but a safety net welfare option. It's usually cheaper than the alternative, which is why those nations are thriving and we're about to implode.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Welfare was created out of fear of the poor. We should just eradicate those that get lippy.

If they are not happy with the station they put themselves in, then our 'welfare' is a ticket out of the country and a revocation of their citizenship permanently.

We are on our way to make college totally worthless due to both allowing everyone a shot at it for usually at most getting a weighted 3.0GPA. We dumbed down high school to set that stage.

Now it's happening at the college level.

May 16, 2000
Welfare was created out of fear of the poor. We should just eradicate those that get lippy.

If they are not happy with the station they put themselves in, then our 'welfare' is a ticket out of the country and a revocation of their citizenship permanently.

You really are a worthless, ignorant, cock-sucking ass aren't you?

We are on our way to make college totally worthless due to both allowing everyone a shot at it for usually at most getting a weighted 3.0GPA. We dumbed down high school to set that stage.

Now it's happening at the college level.

Now THIS I agree with.

May 16, 2000
Do you understand why we have welfare really? It's not about the 'kids' or caring. It's about stopping riots.

Due to social injustice and allowed inequality. Most other nations are simply smart enough to realize it's cheaper and better for the nation to make sure citizens are able to live than to encourage their abuse and exploitation and then pay the increased costs of their choice on the back side. Push the people far enough and eventually they WILL push back...and there are a million of them (with guns) for every one of YOU.

gingermeggs

Golden Member
Dec 22, 2008
Degrees carry more income then a concept for too long- some of the greatest scientists had no formal education.... Education is over rated and overpaid!
Experience- hands in the dirt of reality to find the diamonds of scientific discovery; is where we in the "technological age" lost the plot!
Wipe your arse on a degree!
get a concept, an idea or don't bother trying!
you are just parasites looking for a fat income and suv...
look at japan and stare into the future.... mutha fucker leeches!

Last edited:

gingermeggs

Golden Member
Dec 22, 2008
Do you understand why we have welfare really? It's not about the 'kids' or caring. It's about stopping riots.

It's about the cost of housing somebody in jail opposed to having them collect a cheque every fortnight and being just as unproductive.... but costing less in the short term!

gingermeggs

Golden Member
Dec 22, 2008
Due to social injustice and allowed inequality. Most other nations are simply smart enough to realize it's cheaper and better for the nation to make sure citizens are able to live than to encourage their abuse and exploitation and then pay the increased costs of their choice on the back side. Push the people far enough and eventually they WILL push back...and there are a million of them (with guns) for every one of YOU.
Dissident shit talk! get a job!

Jul 10, 2007
Companies should not hire employees unless the company can afford to pay a decent wage.

What???
A person chooses to take a job on his/her own free will. This is not slavery. No one is holding a gun to their head forcing them to take the job.

The rise of min wages (and illegals) have taken away jobs from teens that were available when I was younger, and I'm only in my late 20s.
Now companies can't afford to hire more people, hs kids have no work ethic.

Was min wage really intended for supporting a family? I saw it more as wages for high schoolers, retirees or people with extra time on their hands.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012

You do realize that inequality is inherent because not everyone is equal right.

It sounds like you want to create a permanent underclass dependent upon government largess. Now why would I consider such an underclass to be my equal?

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Was min wage really intended for supporting a family? I saw it more as wages for high schoolers, retirees or people with extra time on their hands.

It seems immediately ridiculous to that HS kid should recieve a wage to support a family of 4, which is what liberals seem to think minimum wage should allow.