Question Time to ditch the Steam logo for this subforum?

Time to change the subforum logo?

• Yes

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • No

Votes: 23 54.8%
  • I like clicking on polls

Votes: 11 26.2%

• Total voters

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
This subforum is represented by a big Steam logo. I feel that this excludes lots of great games on GoG, Humble, Itch.io, not to mention retro games that predate Steam and independent games on no store at all. PC gaming is so much broader than just Steam.

DeathReborn

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2005
I never noticed it until this topic, will probably never notice it again so... no. I'd rather the "game x is 3 years old" things go away, 10, 20 fine but random years is pointless imo.

Reactions: OCNewbie

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Steam as a platform is virtually ubiquitous for PC gamer's. I'd put good money down that the majority of PC gamer's have a steam account, by a large margin over the competing game services.

EGS might compete based on fortnite players alone, but I doubt it's the name that leaps to mind when you think PC gaming platform.

No issues keeping it as the forum's symbol given that the logo is somewhat iconic and you immediately know by the symbol alone that this forum has something to do with PC gaming.

Reactions: NTMBK and aigomorla

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
Nah, it may be a necessary evil for a lot of people but it's been around long enough to identify itself right alongside PC games. It's omnipresent, as previously stated by others.

Also didn't even notice the subforum had a logo...

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
I also didn't notice the logos. I would be fine if it was changed. Steam prices its games at MSRP 95% of the time which is horrible for gaming.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I also didn't notice the logos. I would be fine if it was changed. Steam prices its games at MSRP 95% of the time which is horrible for gaming.

A couple months after New Vegas came out they had it on sale for 40% off, which I grabbed.
I think if price is your primary concern, just wait.

serpretetsky

Jan 7, 2012
Steam is great. Its convenient, its easy, it has a lot of games. I love it. But PC gaming is a community that usually embraces freedom of choice and not being tied to any single platform or company. So it seems strange to me to represent PC gaming with the steam logo.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I had to look around to find the logo you were talking about. Never even knew it existed until this topic. Also, it's just a symbol and it wouldn't turn anyone away from this forum. It's fine the way it is.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
I had to look around to find the logo you were talking about. Never even knew it existed until this topic. Also, it's just a symbol and it wouldn't turn anyone away from this forum. It's fine the way it is.
Where is the logo at as I never noticed this either.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Yeah, I think it's kind of odd to have the Steam logo for the forum icon...not a terrible thing, just odd. BUT, what would they ise in its place? A joystick when they're not all that commonly used for gaming nowadays?

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
Yeah, I think it's kind of odd to have the Steam logo for the forum icon...not a terrible thing, just odd. BUT, what would they ise in its place? A joystick when they're not all that commonly used for gaming nowadays?

Having just spent all afternoon playing Rebel Galaxy Outlaw on my HOTAS, I would disagree with that :p

To be honest, it's kind of weird that this is split from console gaming when so many games are multiplatform these days. PC games can be gamepad driven just as easily as a console game.

DeathReborn

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2005
Having just spent all afternoon playing Rebel Galaxy Outlaw on my HOTAS, I would disagree with that :p

To be honest, it's kind of weird that this is split from console gaming when so many games are multiplatform these days. PC games can be gamepad driven just as easily as a console game.

I have a HOTAS, Wheel+Pedals, Gamepads but KB&M is simply the best, most universal PC control system. If anything KB&M fits PC better.

As for the split, the PC vs Console threads would get old very fast.

Reactions: serpretetsky

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
the logo would be changed to the Epic Games Store logo if Epic sends over the Bags of Cash(tm).

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
This thread goes to show the level of... whatever this is.. the off-topic has reached.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
no one is allowed to call a Frisbee a Frisbee anymore; Novelty Flying Disc, please.

Same with Q-Tips--cotton swab, please!

Kleenex can only be known as Tissue paper, please!

etc. ...lol, I know we aren't there yet, but it's steamrolling down that path.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I have a HOTAS, Wheel+Pedals, Gamepads but KB&M is simply the best, most universal PC control system. If anything KB&M fits PC better.

As for the split, the PC vs Console threads would get old very fast.

I'd kill to be able use kb&m on my x-box 360. Those controllers kick my elderly arse.

GrumpyMan

Diamond Member
May 14, 2001
I think something from the original Doom would be good since it was the game that kicked off everything in the 90's gaming wise of note and that most everyone recognizes.

Reactions: Igo69