Time to ban knives again

uhohs

Diamond Member
Oct 29, 2005
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-frenzied-attack-hoodie-gang-outside-pub.html

A gang of 20 hooded youths stormed a pub after the Champions League final before dragging away a 25-year old man and stabbing him to death in scenes 'like a horror film', friends said today.

'True gent' Luke Fitzpatrick was killed and his father Bernard, who threw himself on top of his son in a desperate attempt to shield him, remains in a critical condition in hospital after being stabbed four times.

The pair were attacked when a gang armed with bats and knives stormed the north London pub after father and son had watched Chelsea win the cup together at on Saturday.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
I tell ya. Those knife manufacturers should be sued, and all knife sales regulated. Wait. Bats and bat manufacturers also, just to be safe.

Also, all rocks should be securely fastened so as to not be used as a weapon.

Godd@mn UK and their lax knife and bat laws!!!

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Wrong. It's time to ban hoods. And youths. And pubs. And Champions League finals. And 25-year-olds.

:p

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Hard to say whether the knives did it or the hoodies really. Combining the two is obviously a recipe for disaster.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Wait, this is an uhohs thread that doesn't involve prepubescent Japanese girls lip synching and dancing and acting all disgustingly cutesy?

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
If only they had another 2 million more cameras spying on their citizens it may have stopped the violence.

Jaepheth

Platinum Member
Apr 29, 2006
Just mandate everyone wear full plate armor when they're in public. this will also revitalize the struggling British blacksmithing sector.

Or if full plate is too complicated and expensive then mass produce simple stamped metal armor that can fit over a motorized carriage...

like this:
200px-Dalek_2010_Redesign.jpg

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Tell me it isn't so.....HAL9000 has not commented in this thread. I thought all the superior gun control and Bobbies with billy clubs prevented such things from happening in the UK???

Let me guess the Bobbies were eating crumpets and drinking tea while discussing the outcome of the UEFA League Championship match.

Apr 27, 2012
Just another case where the Urban Market is at it again, the police have to take a stand against these savages

Find another word that is less racially insensitive or baiting. The one you used is not acceptable in this forum.

You were previously vacationed for making racially insensitive comments in this forum, apparently the duration of that vacation was insufficient as a means of convincing you to change your approach.

As such your new vacation will be significantly larger, hopefully long enough that you get the message because if we have a third instance of this from you then you will find yourself on the wrong end of a "3 strikes and you are out" type situation.

Administrator Idontcare

Last edited by a moderator:

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
The funny part about this thread is that even in the US, knives and other non-gun weapons are actually pretty regulated...in some places far more so than guns. Switchblades and brass knuckles are two examples of weapons that are in general MUCH harder to legally carry in the US than many different types of guns, despite the latter being arguably far more dangerous. I've always found that pretty odd.

NetWareHead

THAT guy
Aug 10, 2002
Tell me it isn't so.....HAL9000 has not commented in this thread. I thought all the superior gun control and Bobbies with billy clubs prevented such things from happening in the UK???

Let me guess the Bobbies were eating crumpets and drinking tea while discussing the outcome of the UEFA League Championship match.

He already has commented in a similar previous thread:

You can't threaten people with a knife.

/Discussion.

Jul 10, 2007
'There were about 20 young black guys all with their hoods up armed with sticks and bats and knives. They just ran in the pub and started trying to attack people.

how are race relations in the UK?

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
If the guy was allowed to own a gun and carry it on him, he would be alive and the thugs who murdered him would be dead instead.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Because they would already have them if they wanted them. Criminals are not called criminals because they follow the law. Banning guns only prevents law abiding citizens from getting guns.

actuarial

Platinum Member
Jan 22, 2009
Because they would already have them if they wanted them. Criminals are not called criminals because they follow the law. Banning guns only prevents law abiding citizens from getting guns.

Living in Canada, I disagree with you in terms of the exact same percentage of criminals carrying guns in Canada and the US. And for all we know they did in fact have guns but didn't need to use them. But even with that said, even if he's allowed to carry a gun doesn't mean he would be.

I'm not trying to say that it's impossible for there to be a different result, but to make it as some sort of absolute 'legalize guns and this will never happen again' is just silly.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Pardon me if I say swords and knives as edged weapons is such a 16'th century obsolete idea. Get with the times folk, its why my Lemon Law idea, patent pending, is finally up to date, as I have invented the first personal hand carried nuclear weapon. Ye need have no fear even if you face an army of knife toting thugs, just whip out your Lemon Law invented personal nuke and vaporize the lot of them.

Abraxas

Golden Member
Oct 26, 2004

That to me has always been one of the more "special" arguments to me against gun control. What makes you, or anyone else for that matter, think that illegal commodities are easily available in the places in which they are illegal? That someone is a criminal does not magically imbue them with the knowledge and resources to acquire any and every illegal good known to man.

I'm of mixed mind about gun control laws, but this is an absolutely terrible argument against them.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Living in Canada, I disagree with you in terms of the exact same percentage of criminals carrying guns in Canada and the US. And for all we know they did in fact have guns but didn't need to use them. But even with that said, even if he's allowed to carry a gun doesn't mean he would be.

I'm not trying to say that it's impossible for there to be a different result, but to make it as some sort of absolute 'legalize guns and this will never happen again' is just silly.

The odds of him legally carrying a gun and being able to defend himself is much higher when it is legally allowable to carry a gun.

Of course criminals will still commit crimes if guns are legal. However, there would be more dead criminals and less dead victems if guns were legal.