Time to ban cars and guns

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
question, OP:

Since you aren't linking an article or responding, in this thread, to any direct movement to ban or regulate guns (just the "cars kill too" strawman that gets you guys all hot and bothered), what is the point of this thread?

Are you simply trying to bring this argument up again, for no particular reason...other than maybe to distract from the news of the last week re-inject some sort of vigor into the republican party over the last remaining issue that they can actually "win"? (of course they can win it--it was never a threat to begin with...which if you're playing teams, a win is a win, right?).

Which pundit newsletter sent this strategy out to his/her people this morning?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
My dad, rest his soul, did it one better than that. When I was old enough to actually do some damage with it and recognize how awful it was to even hold it in hand, he showed me his war trophy P08 that he took off of a German officer that surrendered to him, told me to never-never-never ever even touch it until I was old enough. Then he handed it to me and the moment I touched it he pulled it away from me and let out this blood curdling shout saying "Wut did I just tell you? WUT did I just tell you about touching this gun?" and slapped the side of my head to drive home the point he was making. Never went near it until many years later, even after he got me a pellet rifle for my eighth b-day.

Nice and thanks.... I miss my father. There was always some sense of the piece and beauty of childhood when I was with him.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
but we need cars. guns not so much - unless we are in the spidey paranoia basement of doom.