Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Don't forget #6 (which destroyed her this past Tuesday):

Adopting McCain's Gas Tax Holiday

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: loki8481
what the fuck does it even matter? it's over.
Didn't you hear? It's full steam ahead to the White House.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: jpeyton

yes, I'm sure it was that, and not the fact that Obama's been the front runner since January, dominated her in terms of money raised/spent, is a media darling, won 90% of the black vote, and went into NC with a gigantic lead. ;)

you Obama guys... you're going to have to accept the fact that you've won one of these days. wtf is the point of going after Clinton when it's already in the bag? you're going to need us Clintonistas if you want to win in November.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
I'm still curious to know what Hillary did to Tom Brady to draw some much ire from you, Phokus.

sprok

Mar 10, 2008
what the fuck does it even matter? it's over.
Didn't you hear? It's full steam ahead to the White House.

choo choo! too bad there aren't any train tracks leading to the darn place.

maziwanka

Lifer
Jul 4, 2000

yes, I'm sure it was that, and not the fact that Obama's been the front runner since January, dominated her in terms of money raised/spent, is a media darling, won 90% of the black vote, and went into NC with a gigantic lead. ;)

you Obama guys... you're going to have to accept the fact that you've won one of these days. wtf is the point of going after Clinton when it's already in the bag? you're going to need us Clintonistas if you want to win in November.

haha. WE have to accept the fact that we've won? tell that to fucking clinton.

it is important to point out what a douche clinton is with her campaign tactics.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
running to win, I know, what a bitch. I mean, what kind of douche brings up issues with their opponent in an election?

in any event, it seems like she's dropped really hammering Obama since Tuesday.

glutenberg

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2004

I hope you don't believe all Obama supporters are like the ones on this board. This forum is unbelievably polarizing and I'm willing to be that the mass majority are much better behaved outside the forums.

In regards to the OP, I would just like to comment on how impressive of a campaign Axelrod and Plouffe have run so far. It's fairly amazing how on top of things they were especially considering they were working with a person who had very little brand recognition. That's one part of this campaign that I'm totally flabbergasted about.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: sirjonk
Obama will have the nom. The result in Nov is anything but certain. If Obama doesn't make up ground against McCain in FL/MI/OH/PN then he ain't going to be president.

http://www.presidentelectionpo...ma-vs-john-mccain.html

Then guess who runs in 2012 under the campaign slogan "I told you so!"?
If the Dem nominee loses, that will be the slogan for the loser from Aug 08. 3 years of trying to cement their position as the front runner, not as the anointed one; the mistakes the Hillary made will not be repeated by either one.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: sirjonk
Obama will have the nom. The result in Nov is anything but certain. If Obama doesn't make up ground against McCain in FL/MI/OH/PN then he ain't going to be president.

http://www.presidentelectionpo...ma-vs-john-mccain.html

Did you even look at those poll figures? I don't think a single state listed added up to anywhere near 100%.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Well that largely depends on whether or not Hillary endorses Obama, and chooses to campaign on his behalf.

Can she place party above ego...I have my doubts...politically, Hillary and Obama are nearly mirror images of one another, so I cannot fathom why any Hillary supporter would shift to McCain...well I can think of a few reasons...childish spite or repressed racial ignorance.

If Hillary's coalition of white blue collar workers and women shift to McCain, or choose to stay home, it will cause an even greater rift within the already polarized Democrat party.

...and I think the voters will tell her to go to hell.

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: alphatarget1
i'm voting for mcsame. obama and his supporters are so sane.
Fixed.

And it still rhymes!

Oct 30, 2004
Originally posted by: loki8481you Obama guys... you're going to have to accept the fact that you've won one of these days. wtf is the point of going after Clinton when it's already in the bag? you're going to need us Clintonistas if you want to win in November.

Yeah, but slapping the Hildabeast around is so much fun. We want to see her shed some real tears this time and not the scripted fake tears she shed in New Hampshire. (Alternatively, I wouldn't mind seeing her morph into a 40 foot monster in a fit of rage and start eating people at the Convention while saying, "Don't forget to vote!".)