TIME Magazine - Mellowing Out On Marijuana

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

5to1baby1in5

Golden Member
Apr 27, 2001
In other news,

Larimer County Drug Task Force gets smacked down by District Court Judge James Hiatt.

Judge orders return of growing equipment and plants. Defendants will seek financial compensation for the plants if they were destroyed (~$100,000).

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Originally posted by: xeemzor
Originally posted by: DasFox
Originally posted by: xeemzor
This news is ironic for me because my dad just moved to Hailey, Idaho. I never thought such a small podunk town like that would ever be in the news. I wonder how much of an effect state a federals laws will have there, because the entire two weeks I was there I never saw a single state trooper.

Edit: Called the Hailey PD and they said they have authority to enforce state law even if a city ordinance legalizing the sale of cannabis is passed.

I guess they like their BUDS & SPUDS, LOL ;)

I can't really blame them for wanting to legalize it. It is in the middle of nowhere and with the exception of outdoor recreational activities such as hiking, skiing, etc. there is very little to do.

There's a huge Meth problem in these rural western towns. They should legalize pot just to give people an alternative, pot cannot kill you, or make your teeth fall out, or turn you into a raging maniac.

m1ldslide1

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2006
Originally posted by: DasFox
New news is out that Time just did a little over a week ago, so I changed the post! :)

Enjoyed the Time article - thanks for fixing!

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Politicians on both sides of the aisle are so incredibly out of touch with what the public feels about this issue. Can't look soft on crime!