Tiger Woods to take 'indefinite' leave from golf

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
HAHAHA what a dumbass. oh well, at least he is still filthy rich.
That's my take on the whole deal too, why didn't he have the common sense to at least be on the down-low, AKA the Gov. Spitzer route, a high priced hooker or two. How did he think this was not going to blow up in his face?, I'm surprised it took this long to surface honestly..

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I say over/under on the divorce is 6 months. Elin will not want to be with him especially after the madam outed him as banging prostitutes.

That's my take on the whole deal too, why didn't he have the common sense to at least be on the down-low, AKA the Gov. Spitzer route, a high priced hooker or two. How did he think this was not going to blow up in his face?, I'm surprised it took this long to surface honestly..

To say he was foolish and indiscreet would be very much understating the case. His statement today is the smartest thing he's done in a while, and I'm not trying to put him down. It was the best thing he could have said/done. If he isn't already, he should seek psychiatric counseling. I can't imagine that he doesn't need it right now.

Epic Fail

Diamond Member
May 10, 2005
Me think there are photos/videos out there for him to do this, he went to court in Britain to block his photos.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
To say he was foolish and indiscreet would be very much understating the case. His statement today is the smartest thing he's done in a while, and I'm not trying to put him down. It was the best thing he could have said/done. If he isn't already, he should seek psychiatric counseling. I can't imagine that he doesn't need it right now.

oh poor him, worth a billion dollars, taking a break from hitting a ball around on grass with a stick for a bit. facing a little bit of cold shoulder from wifey after banging a dozen chicks...oh the trauma.

i mean seriously, his problems would be a gift to any of us, he just has to make up with his swedish model wife.

Cyco

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2002
The biggest loser (after the kids of course...they are unwilling participants in a losing battle) in this whole thing will be the PGA. I forgot what the stats were, but didn't interest go down during his last absence? I'll admit that I didn't watch before, and this certainly gives me no inclination to watch now. Meh.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
The biggest loser (after the kids of course...they are unwilling participants in a losing battle) in this whole thing will be the PGA. I forgot what the stats were, but didn't interest go down during his last absence? I'll admit that I didn't watch before, and this certainly gives me no inclination to watch now. Meh.

I think that when Tiger is playing, ratings triple. They were saying on CNN last night that his first tournament back will be like the Superbowl in ratings and media coverage.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
And to think this all broke out from the fact that when angry, Tiger couldn't drive any better than a drunk woman. Imagine, getting angry, storming off---or being chased off depending upon what story you believe----and cannot control his Escalade any better than exiting his driveway only to run over a fire hydrant and then hit a tree.

So, was it the Asian in him that made him drive like that? ;)

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
I think he is an idiot.

Pay her off and be done with it but don't kill your income/brand.

The thing is his image *is* his income/brand so he has to do something to fix it. Like someone said above, this is probably the smartest thing he's done in a while.

I did find this article though:
http://outofbounds.nbcsports.com/2009/12/elin-tells-tiger-he-must-give-up-golf.html.php

Look at the time stamp, this is posted about half a day before his announcement last night. So he's not only doing a smart thing, he's also doing what she asked him to do.

ChanHo78

Apr 9, 2009
And to think this all broke out from the fact that when angry, Tiger couldn't drive any better than a drunk woman. Imagine, getting angry, storming off---or being chased off depending upon what story you believe----and cannot control his Escalade any better than exiting his driveway only to run over a fire hydrant and then hit a tree.

I think he was hopped up on painkillers and booze. Let something slip about one of his hoes to his wife. She starts beating the shit out of him. He runs to his car and she chases his ass with a golf club. Then his medicated ass hits the tree and hydrant. Being asian probably didn't help though...

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
what does Doctor Laura say ? I'd like to hear her opinion.

It would probably be "stay together for the kids". but i've never heard her comment on a situation where the husband had this many mistresses.

I hate that self-righteous bitch.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
I'm still freaked out that he liked men too according to that Madam that claims she set him up with hookers.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Wow how dumb can he be. It's not like family means anything anymore. Just fuck everyone over you can, be a shit and bring home your own bacon.

Screw everyone else, it's all about "me". Never put your wife or kids before your own concerns.

That's what makes a "real man".

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
I can understand taking a leave of absence to "fix" your marriage if you had one affair or something, but how do you repair a marriage that was nothing more than a formality? His wife was just one woman in a constantly revolving door. Disgusting.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
oh poor him, worth a billion dollars, taking a break from hitting a ball around on grass with a stick for a bit. facing a little bit of cold shoulder from wifey after banging a dozen chicks...oh the trauma.

i mean seriously, his problems would be a gift to any of us, he just has to make up with his swedish model wife.
Don't be an idiot. Envy is an asshat's out. You think making a billion dollars exempts you from trauma in this world? Dream on.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
In today's paper it said ratings were down 50% during his absence in 2008 (July 2008 to February 2009) due to the operation on his knee. The whole golf world is taking a big hit here.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001

Come on, he wasn't just angry. He may have been angry but he was also freaked out, probably having a traumatic argument with his wife. He was "beside himself," hardly in control the way you need to be when behind the wheel.