Thunder players all kneel during anthem after threat from Oklahoma lawmaker

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
That threat fell on deaf ears, as it should.
These idiots still don't understand about the kneeling. It took smacking Drew Brees over the head with a 2x4 just to get his attention.
His threat was to take away tax incentives for the Thunder. Really?
Pretty sure the ownership can just tell him and Oklahoma for that matter, to eff off.
Plenty of cities in the US that would love to have a NBA basketball team.

Then he (Roberts) goes on to say kneeling will destroy nuclear families with ties to Marxism.
Damn these guys are just not very bright. Afraid we just may have to leave all them behind.

Roberts believes the demonstration intends to destroy nuclear families.
“By kneeling during the playing of the national anthem, the NBA and its players are showing disrespect to the American flag and all it stands for,” Roberts
wrote. “This anti-patriotic act makes clear the NBA’s support of the Black Lives Matter group and its goal of defunding our nation’s police, its ties to Marxism
and its efforts to destroy nuclear families.”

That's some funny shit.

• Haha
Reactions: Perknose and Pohemi

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
That threat fell on deaf ears, as it should.
These idiots still don't understand about the kneeling. It took smacking Drew Brees over the head with a 2x4 just to get his attention.
His threat was to take away tax incentives for the Thunder. Really?
Pretty sure the ownership can just tell him and Oklahoma for that matter, to eff off.
Plenty of cities in the US that would love to have a NBA basketball team.

Then he (Roberts) goes on to say kneeling will destroy nuclear families with ties to Marxism.
Damn these guys are just not very bright. Afraid we just may have to leave all them behind.

Roberts believes the demonstration intends to destroy nuclear families.
“By kneeling during the playing of the national anthem, the NBA and its players are showing disrespect to the American flag and all it stands for,” Roberts
wrote. “This anti-patriotic act makes clear the NBA’s support of the Black Lives Matter group and its goal of defunding our nation’s police, its ties to Marxism
and its efforts to destroy nuclear families.”

That's some funny shit.
Right-wing authoritarians don't like it when other people don't obey right-wing authoritarians.

Nothing new here.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Almost 155,000 people dead from COVID and this is what concerns Republicans.

The one thing we know GOP doesn't like any way people who support BLM protest.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Almost 155,000 people dead from COVID and this is what concerns Republicans.

The one thing we know GOP doesn't like any way people who support BLM protest.

Beyond just the racism, it is because the massive failure to contain COVID - the #1 reason the Donald is in trouble - needs to be deflected from. Mail in ballots, "Wuflu / China Virus", "Law & Order" - all bull shit to scare or deflect.

Mar 11, 2004
Nah, they’re all-in on Kraken. Sonics are done.

Nah, them getting an NHL team likely helps as they can share the arena (which the Kraken are slated to play in the Sonics' old stadium which is being renovated). I think there's actually at least one active investment group pushing to get the Sonics back too, and there's enough others (lots of athletes for instance) that would be interested in investing.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Nah, them getting an NHL team likely helps as they can share the arena (which the Kraken are slated to play in the Sonics' old stadium which is being renovated). I think there's actually at least one active investment group pushing to get the Sonics back too, and there's enough others (lots of athletes for instance) that would be interested in investing.

Seattle isn't going to build a new arena, whoever wants to bring a team there is going to have to pay for their own arena. Even though I have been a San Antonio Spurs fan for more than 35 years, I'm going to vote no on taxpayers building them a new arena in ten years once their current lease expires. Assuming the Trump Plague doesn't get me, that is...

I applaud Seattle for telling billionaire Howard Shultz to go fuck off when he wanted them to pay for a new arena for him.