Thumbs up to Verizon Wireless tech support!

SLCentral

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2003
My Motorola Q stopped charging completely today (luckily I have a couple batteries with a full charge lying around), so I gave Verizon a call, looking to see what my next course of action should be.

The guy I talked to offered to send out a new Q via Overnight Express for no charge, and I would get the phone by Tuesday. Really nice guy, and really understanding. It's too damn bad that not every tech support service is like this!

Sphexi

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2005
That's more warranty than tech support, and that's pretty standard. We do the same thing where I work, if it's under a year old, then we cross-ship you a new one overnight, then send the old one back to the manufacturer. But if they get it back and see water damage or physical damage, then there's a penalty of like $115 or something.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
Originally posted by: Sphexi
That's more warranty than tech support, and that's pretty standard. We do the same thing where I work, if it's under a year old, then we cross-ship you a new one overnight, then send the old one back to the manufacturer. But if they get it back and see water damage or physical damage, then there's a penalty of like $115 or something.

That's pretty good. It's full-retail with VZW. That can get expensive with the PDA phones!

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Couldn't you have just taken it to the Verizon Wireless store in the mall to get a new one? That's what we did when my wife's E815 stopped charging.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Speaking of Verizon Wireless and PDA phones... If you have a family plan, can you share one data plan between two phones?