Thugs Locked Up For Beating Homeless Man To Death

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Haha, I suspected as much even though I never clicked on the link..

The snippets SheHateMe posted held some clues that the incident took place in the U.K, such as the word "mum" (Americans spell it mom) and the name of one of the boys being Connor.

Connor isn't a common name this side of the Atlantic, but it's very common on the other side.... Ian is another popular British boy's name as well.

I know this because I lived in the U.K for some time.......never again I tell you!! :p

As for the article itself, as much as I complain about the American justice system, all you have to do is look at the rest of the World and then it doesn't seem half as bad.

The Amanda Knox trial is a great example of this..
Quite true. Murder someone in your teens and you're generally incarcerated only to adulthood - at which point you and your family receive new identities at government expense. That's not a justice system, it's an injustice system.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Not to be insensitive, but it's not the thread title or what happens that gives away the race, it's the OP that gives away the race.

Generally on this forum it is white or at the least non-black people who post articles about beatings and shootings, so obviously the perpetrator in those stories is black. This is actually an instance of the opposite happening, which is reassuring because now I know that all races partake in this kind of race baiting.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Not to be insensitive, but it's not the thread title or what happens that gives away the race, it's the OP that gives away the race.

Generally on this forum it is white or at the least non-black people who post articles about beatings and shootings, so obviously the perpetrator in those stories is black. This is actually an instance of the opposite happening, which is reassuring because now I know that all races partake in this kind of race baiting.

The purpose of the thread was not race baiting...but poster baiting. As expect, the people who would be active in a thread like this haven't posted. They can't say anything unless the subjects are black males because then they can talk all day about "culture" this and "hoodies" that.

Sep 7, 2009
The purpose of the thread was not race baiting...but poster baiting. As expect, the people who would be active in a thread like this haven't posted. They can't say anything unless the subjects are black males because then they can talk all day about "culture" this and "hoodies" that.

Imagine how productive your life would be if you stopped trying to apply that racist label to literally everything around you....

And let's talk about white males and "culture" and white males and "deep cover hoodies"... What part of it do you want to discuss? At least make a specific thread about it, rather than a blatantly obvious trollthread intended for no other reason than to be divisive.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012

There is nothing to say about this subject except:

"I hope the boys rot in prison for a very long time"

I don't think anyone disagrees with that sentiment making it a very boring thread.

Unless you want to talk about how you had to go across the pond to find a story about white thugs?

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Imagine how productive your life would be if you stopped trying to apply that racist label to literally everything around you....

Don't pretend like you know me just because I post on this forum, mkay.

My life is very productive.

There is nothing to say about this subject except:

"I hope the boys rot in prison for a very long time"

I don't think anyone disagrees with that sentiment making it a very boring thread.

Unless you want to talk about how you had to go across the pond to find a story about white thugs?

Actually, this story was in one of the feeds on another news website. I didn't have to go across the pond for anything and I certainly wasn't looking. I really don't care about who is a thug and who isn't one. After all, it is not I who creates threads about "Race and Crime", or one who leaves digusting racially charged comments in the Trayvon Martin thread (cybersage and Spidey).

Its so funny how you and spatial wiggle around like it is everyone else. There are guys you two defend a lot on this forum, but you have the audacity to say other people are race baiters.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2009
And exactly what topic am I wriggling around??

Tell us what topic you want to discuss and we'll debate it openly...

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005

Dude, a thug is a thug is a thug. These guys are thugs, just like anyone who thinks that violence is the answer to every question.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Dude, a thug is a thug is a thug. These guys are thugs, just like anyone who thinks that violence is the answer to every question.

And nobody is debating that. The thread title was harmless, yet..people come in and accuse me of race baiting? If they were black, would I be race baiting then? Probably not. Because I posted this thread and it had white faces in it...that means I'm race baiting. I guess thats how it works on AT. Yes, my intent was to bait PEOPLE in here....certain people, just to see what would happen or be said. I bet I can go and find an article on a black male and that thread will have 10+ pages.

Last edited:

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
And nobody is debating that. The thread title was harmless, yet..people come in and accuse me of race baiting? If they were black, would I be race baiting then? Probably not. Because I posted this thread and it had white faces in it...that means I'm race baiting. I guess thats how it works on AT. Yes, my intent was to bait PEOPLE in here....certain people, just to see what would happen or be said. I bet I can go and find an article on a black male and that thread will have 10+ pages.

Good to see you finally admit that this was a troll thread and nothing more.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Good to see you finally admit that this was a troll thread and nothing more.

This is not a troll thread. I've already admitted I purposefully put the word "thug" in the title to attract certain people here. Other than that, this is a real thread...obviously.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Baiting = Trolling

The only people trolling here are the ones who feel the need to derail it because they think its racist that I used the word "thug" in the thread title and those who want to have a baby over why I titled the thread the way it is titled and why the perps in said thread are white.

If you guys really want to having a fucking baby over it, I'm more than happy to create a similar thread for some thugs who happen to be black.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
The only people trolling here are the ones who feel the need to derail it because they think its racist that I used the word "thug" in the thread title and those who want to have a baby over why I titled the thread the way it is titled and why the perps in said thread are white.

If you guys really want to having a fucking baby over it, I'm more than happy to create a similar thread for some thugs who happen to be black.

This exact same thread has been played out at least a couple of times here.
I do believe the topics involved British kids then too.
You won't get any kind of reasonable thinking out of these guys.
They are the same people who were laughing at Britain and call them pussies for trying to ban hoodies
edit-
Maybe there is a difference between deep cover hoodies and normal hoodies, I don't know
All the labels on mine don't state so

Last edited:

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006

OBVIOUSLY the perpetrator in those stories is black? Seriously?

Also, I think you mistake her purpose. It's not race-baiting so much as race-baiter-baiting.

The main reason this thread isn't another Martin-Zimmerman thread is because no one is defending these evil little bastards. I don't read anything into it because the situations are so different. In the Martin-Zimmerman case, most people don't find one clearly right and one clearly wrong party, at least morally. That's clearly not the case here. This isn't two flawed but reasonably average people colliding, it's three evil little bastards and their evil mother against an innocent homeless guy. Other than accusations ( and defense) of race-baiting, after one has expressed a desire to see them dead or locked safely away what's left to say?

This case reminds me of one in Tennessee where several black males and a couple of black women kidnapped a white couple and over a period of a couple days beat the crap out of them, gang raped her repeatedly, and eventually tortured them both to death. They were caught and sentenced to long prison terms, and I believe a couple are now on death row. I didn't post that story not because it would have been race-baiting, but because there seemed no point. Yeah, I was outraged. Everybody's outraged. Same here. (Although clearly I didn't mind the opportunity to display my outrage at these kids. LOL)

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
This exact same thread has been played out at least a couple of times here.
I do believe the topics involved British kids then too.
You won't get any kind of reasonable thinking out of these guys.
They are the same people who were laughing at Britain and call them pussies for trying to ban hoodies
edit-
Maybe there is a difference between deep cover hoodies and normal hoodies, I don't know
All the labels on mine don't state so
To be fair, Britain SHOULD be mocked for trying to ban hoodies. Criminals wear hoodies because EVERYBODY wears hoodies, and that group includes criminals.

I have little patience for those who want to ban guns, but at least guns are essential to many crimes. Not many drive-by knifings. The concept of fighting crime by banning hoodies should be a textbook case for stupid laws.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
To be fair, Britain SHOULD be mocked for trying to ban hoodies. Criminals wear hoodies because EVERYBODY wears hoodies, and that group includes criminals.

I have little patience for those who want to ban guns, but at least guns are essential to many crimes. Not many drive-by knifings. The concept of fighting crime by banning hoodies should be a textbook case for stupid laws.

Actually, I do believe the whole British hoodie ban thing was a couple of malls not wanting to allow them being worn and banning them. Shoplifting was the reason.
The hysterical right wingers on this board (of course not all right wingers ) just played out the rest.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Actually, I do believe the whole British hoodie ban thing was a couple of malls not wanting to allow them being worn and banning them. Shoplifting was the reason.
The hysterical right wingers on this board (of course not all right wingers ) just played out the rest.
Oh, mea culpa. I took from your post that it was Britain trying to ban hoodies. Must have missed that thread.

Sep 7, 2009

Link any thread in this forum where a group of black kids are being posted and called thugs PURELY for being black.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Link any thread in this forum where a group of black kids are being posted and called thugs PURELY for being black.

Hmmm. I never claimed black kids were being called because they were black..but that that word is thrown out in threads about black criminals...yet, you accused me of being racist for using the SAME word to talk about white criminals.