Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS for 249.99 shipped free @ Amazon

DestruyaUR

Jan 23, 2002
For those who DIDN'T get in on the Gold Box deal (like me :( ), the 20 off 99 Electronics codes circulating around CAN be used for this purchase - I got mine to take by inputting the code at the end without the dashes. Pick Super Saver shipping (free) and you're golden (pardon the pun).

I consider this purchase an investment, since I believe this will be one of the premiere joysticks for some time and would most likely still fetch a decent price even used on eBay.

TekDemon

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2001
Hey do you go to UofRochester? Anyway, I saw this deal when it was in my GoldBox but it was just too much money...plus I don't really play flight sims...I don't know about the resale but I don't think it's a money maker, but if you want some value after a few years maybe it holds well?

DestruyaUR

Jan 23, 2002
UR stands for Univ. of Richmond, at which I'm no longer a student. And if you had monitored TM joysticks prior to the introduction of the Cougar system, the F-16 and F-22 systems used to fetch pretty nice sums of money on eBay until it became too much of a pain to program for them (the old sticks still fetch around 50 bucks, which isn't bad for hardware as old as they are) - so a 250 dollar investment today could maybe mean 150-200 dollars in the future for a very well-maintained system with little wear. Considering the sticks are made of solid steel, the only thing that might wear is the lettering on the sticks.

Secondly, Project X: Strike Fighters is coming out, and about a month after that, Lock On: Modern Air Combat, which looks to be one of the best sims ever made. I plan to be very well-equipped to fly the unfriendly skies :)

Besides, I still have some birthday cash saved up. I was PLANNING on trying to find the Lego Blockade Runner at Target, but I'll probably get much more enjoyment out of these bad boys. Still think the pedals might be a little much, though... :)

Toothpick

May 9, 2000
Secondly, Project X: Strike Fighters is coming out, and about a month after that, Lock On: Modern Air Combat, which looks to be one of the best sims ever made. I plan to be very well-equipped to fly the unfriendly skies

Allright, a fellow simmer !! at last :cool: