Three deaths call in question the availability of bats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTFOff

Golden Member
Oct 3, 2013
Another day, another mass batting.

Ban bats.

Do civilians really need MLB style bats?

It's time for tougher restrictions on bats.

Bats are made to bash stuff.

Why do these evil whites continue to spread these deadly weapons in to our communities?

Our violent society glamorizing sluggers.

ORLANDO Fla. (Reuters) - A third victim in an unexplained beating by a man wielding a baseball bat died on Wednesday in central Florida, according to local media.

Eddie Ratliff, 51, succumbed to his injuries at a local hospital, according to the Orlando Sentinel, citing Tavares city and police spokeswoman Joyce Ross.

The killings on Monday shocked the small town about 40 miles northwest of Orlando which Ross said rarely sees a major crime.

Ratliff’s mother, Mavis, 66, and sister, Shannon, 42, died at the scene.
According to witnesses and police, Shannon’s boyfriend James Earl Jones, 32, killed the three, then drowned himself in Lake Dora.
Jones’s father told police at the scene that his son was schizophrenic and was not taking his medication.

Michael Woods, the first officer on the scene, reported that he found Jones next to the van holding an aluminum bat with two hands.

Woods wrote that Jones dropped the bat when ordered to do so, refused to cooperate in being handcuffed, and started running. His body later floated to the surface in Lake Dora.

Eddie Ratliff was a longtime city sanitation worker described by a friend as a quiet man who liked to go fishing, to yard sales and to help other people.

http://news.yahoo.com/third-victim-dies-florida-baseball-bat-beating-223223223.html

who?

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2012
When I was in high school one of my classmates was badly beaten with 2X4s. What would you do to prevent that?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
So there are never injuries in shootings, they are all deaths?

I thought my statement was pretty clear, the killer could have done a better job had he had a gun. Is that a difficult concept for you to understand? Do we need to go through three pages of strawman arguments, innuendo, and semantics for you to get the point? Because on such an obvious troll topic I'd rather not.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
When I was in high school one of my classmates was badly beaten with 2X4s. What would you do to prevent that?

Considering they are used to construct homes, they can only be sold to licensed contractors that underwent intense background checks. Hobbyists looking to purchase 2x4s would be able to purchase them after background checks and fingerprinting as well, but with a waiting period. Improper disposal of 2x4s leftover from a project would be criminal, and considering the grain is basically a fingerprint, we could trace it to the particular contractor or hobbyist improperly disposing of them.

Sensible regulation is the key here, the answer is moderation, not mass banning of things that hurt people.

Zodiark1593

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2012
Considering they are used to construct homes, they can only be sold to licensed contractors that underwent intense background checks. Hobbyists looking to purchase 2x4s would be able to purchase them after background checks and fingerprinting as well, but with a waiting period. Improper disposal of 2x4s leftover from a project would be criminal, and considering the grain is basically a fingerprint, we could trace it to the particular contractor or hobbyist improperly disposing of them.

Sensible regulation is the key here, the answer is moderation, not mass banning of things that hurt people.
Hmm, can't tell if serious, or a logical troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.