Thread to list Democratic states disenfranchising white voters

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The OP asked for and got the information. You may disagree with it, so may the Times, but the proof is in the results. Republicans shut out of elections due to a wild and strange primary and redistricting plan. It needs to be visited by the Courts.

Nobody is being turned away from the polls in the CA system. That can't be said for current GOP voter suppression efforts elsewhere.

Jul 9, 2009
Nobody is being turned away from the polls in the CA system. That can't be said for current GOP voter suppression efforts elsewhere.
Disenfranchising Republicans is disenfranchising everyone. The same for Libertarian Party candidates and voters, Independent Party candidates and voters and Green Party candidates and voters. The way that California set up their redistricting and their jungle primary disenfranchises many, many voters in favor of the Democratic Party.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The OP asked for and got the information. You may disagree with it, so may the Times, but the proof is in the results. Republicans shut out of elections due to a wild and strange primary and redistricting plan. It needs to be visited by the Courts.
They were shut out in some races because they were less popular than two other democrats. What is with the tears over losing your safe spaces. California didn’t keep you from voting. You didn’t have enough votes not only not to win, but to even qualify for the ballot. I demand the Moonbeam Party appear on every state ballot along with every other Tom, Fuck-Ball, and Unknown- Harry in the telephone book. Put the Wigs on there too. As always the rest of the country will catch up to California in 20 years and Republicans will effectively become extinct. Lacrimae rerum.

Jul 9, 2009
They were shut out in some races because they were less popular than two other democrats. What is with the tears over losing your safe spaces. California didn’t keep you from voting. You didn’t have enough votes not only not to win, but to even qualify for the ballot. I demand the Moonbeam Party appear on every state ballot along with every other Tom, Fuck-Ball, Unknown- Harry in the telephone book. Put the Wigs on there too. As always the rest of the country will catch up to California and Republicans will effectively become extinct. Lacrimae rerum.
Glad to see your true colors here Moonie, why not just get a rope and get make us go extinct faster?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Disenfranchising Republicans is disenfranchising everyone. The same for Libertarian Party candidates and voters, Independent Party candidates and voters and Green Party candidates and voters. The way that California set up their redistricting and their jungle primary disenfranchises many, many voters in favor of the Democratic Party.

And now the triple down into duh-version. It's truly lame bothsiderism.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Glad to see your true colors here Moonie, why not just get a rope and get make us go extinct faster?
Moonie watched one afternoon as Mulla Nasruden went on a walkabout with one of his disciples. In the distance appeared a strangely robed Dervish who pointed at the sky to say to the Mulla, there is one truth and it covers us all. He’s dangerous and posing sone kind of threat to all said the disciple almost inaudible. The Mulla raised a rope he was carrying to reply, that ordinary man tries to reach that truth by means as foolish as trying to climb into the sky by using a rope. Good, said the disciple. We will tie him up if he try’s anything funny.

How many times should I hang you by that rope before you realize the need to die to be reborn. There is nowhere to go, nothing to do, nothing to become. There is only waking in the now.

Once there was a child god who had chaps and a cowboy hat and two massive colt 45s who used to rope imaginary cows but he died and so did the cows and the other accouterments. All but the longing for such moments, that is.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
I found the information, and the percentages are nothing close to what you have listed. The spread between minority's and whites appears to be less than 6%. I can't find anything suggesting that democrats are over represented in the held ballots.
I could be seeing biased information, do you have a link to the info you used?

Damn, try looking next time.

An Associated Press investigation found that Georgia has 53,000 applicants in limbo, 70 percent of whom are African-American.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/po...nds-voter-registrations-hold-election-n919526

'Suppression': Critics charge Georgia GOP gov candidate purging voters before election
An analysis found most of those whose registrations are in limbo are black in a state where an African-American is vying for the Statehouse.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/el...gov-candidate-purging-voters-election-n918761

The Campaign Legal Center and Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law argued in the suit, which was filed in a federal district court on Thursday, that the state's "exact match" requirement violates the Voting Rights Act, the National Voter Registration Act and the First and Fourteenth Amendments.

The office of Secretary of State Brian Kemp, who is now running for governor in a hotly contested race with Democratic former state House Minority Leader Stacey Abrams, used the system from 2013 to 2016 but stopped in 2017 as part of a settlement stemming from separate litigation. But the Republican-held state legislature soon stepped in and passed the protocol into law. A recent Associated Press report found around 53,000 people -- nearly 70% of them African-Americans -- had their registrations placed in limbo because of some kind of mismatch with drivers license or social security information. Kemp, in a tweet, said, "The 53,000 Georgians on our 'pending' list can vote in the Nov. 6th election."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/12/politics/georgia-voter-lawsuit-brian-kemp/index.html

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
There is no reason to premark the citizenship box if you don't want to encourage illegal refistrations. A mailing targeted to a community where illegals are likely to live with that box premarked is sufficient evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt an intent to promote illegal registrations. In other words, they don't need specific adresses, although they could get that if they had access to certain records like census forms, tax records, school registrations, or have people working for the DNC that would know illegals.

I don't think white people in competitive districts arenl neatly divided into liberal and conservative neighborhoods, so I don't think that plan is as simple as you suggest.
You’re an idiot.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
They passed a law months before an election stating voters could only use ID that had a residential street address on it knowing the native population didn’t use residential street addresses. That means they have nothing with a residential street address. No ID, no bills. Nothing. This isn’t they didn’t want to put it on their ID. they don’t have a residential street address.

Then when it was pointed out that thousands of natives would be unable to vote they said tough shit and fought in court to keep it that way instead of allowing them to use their government issued photo ID they already had.

If that’s not white legislators making it hard for minorities to vote what is it?

Looks like SlowSpyder hit the eject button on the thread after this. Come on @SlowSpyder surely have you have a response.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I found the information, and the percentages are nothing close to what you have listed. The spread between minority's and whites appears to be less than 6%. I can't find anything suggesting that democrats are over represented in the held ballots.
I could be seeing biased information, do you have a link to the info you used?
The difference between white 2.5 % and Asians 14.8%. 70% voted for Obama in 2012. Blacks is 8%. That means the rejection rate is almost 350% higher for blacks and 492% higher for Asians. I had percentage of population for minorities

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Poor tajbot, the best he can come up with is people who may have looked scary to some snowflakes 10 years ago.
In a district that was already 90% Democrat. LOL

BTW - I didn't know NBP were a political party operating at any level of government. They are operating on the same plane as True the Vote.

Keep trying though. Still waiting for Democratic disenfranchising of white Republicans. Still hear crickets

Jul 9, 2009
In a district that was already 90% Democrat. LOL

BTW - I didn't know NBP were a political party operating at any level of government. They are operating on the same plane as True the Vote.

Keep trying though. Still waiting for Democratic disenfranchising of white Republicans. Still hear crickets
It was an obvious attempt to intimidate voters. You are welcome to anything your racist ears want to hear, but voter intimidation and suppression comes in all colors.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Poor tajbot, the best he can come up with is people who may have looked scary to some snowflakes 10 years ago.

He's gotta try. It's what he's getting paid for, apparently. He gets in trouble when he runs off the end of the script.

Reactions: esquared

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
It was an obvious attempt to intimidate voters. You are welcome to anything your racist ears want to hear, but voter intimidation and suppression comes in all colors.
Intimidate voters in a 90% Democratic district. Keep deluding yourself, short bus. NBP are not part of the Democratic Party they are anarchists. True the Vote are closer to Republicans yet both groups operate on the same plane.

Now do you have any real Democratic states suppressing the votes of white Republicans, if not just tap out.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
There is no reason to premark the citizenship box if you don't want to encourage illegal refistrations. A mailing targeted to a community where illegals are likely to live with that box premarked is sufficient evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt an intent to promote illegal registrations. In other words, they don't need specific adresses, although they could get that if they had access to certain records like census forms, tax records, school registrations, or have people working for the DNC that would know illegals.

I don't think white people in competitive districts arenl neatly divided into liberal and conservative neighborhoods, so I don't think that plan is as simple as you suggest.
There is a reason to premark the box. If you aren't a citizen, you can't register to vote so the document goes in the trash. The document should never be filled out for non-citizens.

Reactions: Zorba

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
There is a reason to premark the box. If you aren't a citizen, you can't register to vote so the document goes in the trash. The document should never be filled out for non-citizens.
Remember, to a republican mass registration of voters is about the most unethical, unamerican thing someone can do. See how many still harp about Acorn.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
You admit that GOP efforts are an affront to the concept of honest democracy. Sprinkle in a little racial superiority. You then both sides the argument with "they would if they could" projection. Then we get the erroneous trope du jour about registration in Texas.

Small wonder you're so defensive given the bullshit the GOP pulls every two years.

There's an underlying philosophical difference between the Parties. Dems believe the greater the turnout the better their chances of winning. The GOP realizes that exactly the opposite is true for them. They've known it for a long time & act accordingly-

Paul Weyrich - Goo-Goo Syndrome (proper audio/video synchronization) - YouTube
Thanks for saving my time.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Here in MA early voting is 8am-4pm on weekdays, and 9-1pm on weekends. I tend to get into work around 7:15a.m., so this severely limits my voting abilities. Those dirty democrats at it again.