Thread for trading steam summer sale cards

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

acheron

Diamond Member
May 27, 2008
Need:
Bioshock Infinite
Tomb Raider

Have:
Prison Architect
Torchlight 2
Dead Island Riptide

Last edited:

Andrew111

Aug 6, 2001
Hmm no one seems to buy my Half-Life 2 cards even though I'm selling them at market price....every other game the cards I had sold in minutes.

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
need to trade for summer sale skyrim. I have an extra bioshock, chivalry, dead island, prison arch, and reus. Willing to trade 2 for one since its the last one i need for a lvl 5 summer badge.

busydude

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2010
Need:

Dead Island: Riptide
Prison Architect
skyrim

Have:

Kerbal
Football Manager

acheron

Diamond Member
May 27, 2008
Sale's over now, so no new cards... I'm still looking for a Tomb Raider in exchange for either Torchlight 2 or Prison Architect. (thanks everyone who traded with me)

Last edited:

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Sale's over now, so no new cards... I'm still looking for a Tomb Raider in exchange for either Torchlight 2 or Prison Architect.

At this point you might need to Sell your extras, then buy the card you need. I managed to do that to get 2 of my cards.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
At this point you might need to Sell your extras, then buy the card you need. I managed to do that to get 2 of my cards.

Since it just ended there's a good chance people have extras, or are so far away from the next badge they'll trade for other cards maybe.

Maybe turn this into an ALL steam trading card thread?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Since it just ended there's a good chance people have extras, or are so far away from the next badge they'll trade for other cards maybe.

Maybe turn this into an ALL steam trading card thread?

Actually I've been considering an all game thread, since this one is pages full of Summer.

I4AT

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2006
I can't use the market until August 11th, but can I still trade cards with people I add to my friends list?

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
I detest collectibles and achievements and all manner of meta-nonsense.

So, PM me if there's something in here someone wants...

kyTdAUW.png

Llwellyn

Feb 29, 2012
Steam Profile: Llwellyn

Need:

Prison Architect
Torchlight II
Tomb Raider

Have:

Bioshock Infinite (4)
Dead Island Riptide (3)
Football Manager 2013 (1)
Kerbal Space Program (2)
Skyrim (2)

Thanks in advance.

I had some seriously rotten luck. I got most of mine from voting, but then decided to go nuts with the encore sale and buy a few things and got an assload of cards, all dupes.

chubbyfatazn

Golden Member
Oct 14, 2006
I can't use the market until August 11th, but can I still trade cards with people I add to my friends list?

Seems that way.

I have to wait until the 16th... I think it's stupid that I have to wait, considering I've been buying the majority of my games from them since 2005, but oh well.

Steam: chubbyfatazn

Need:
Football Manager 2013
Prison Architect
Torchlight II

Have:
(1) Bioshock Infinite
(4) Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
(3) Kerbal Space Program
(2) Reus

futurefields

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2012
what are steam cards for? and why do people trade them?

just curious. do they offer any benefit/reward of some kind? what do they do?

Zorander

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2010
Interested in furthering my FTL badges so PM me if you have spares to trade.

Have:
Tropico 4
Fallen Enchantress
Total War: Shogun 2
Civilisation V
Sleeping Dogs
Borderlands 2
Torchlight 2
Tomb Raider (2013)

Seba

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2000
Have:

Football Manager 2013
Kerbal Space Program
Kerbal Space Program
Kerbal Space Program
Kerbal Space Program
Skyrim

Want:

Bioshock Infinite
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
Dead Island Riptide
Prison Architect

Trade 1:1

I can not sell cards until August 3rd (I am new on Steam), but according to posts above trade should be possible even now.

I also have to get another 10 Steam Summer Cards (for my votes for Community's Choice) when I get to Steam Level 5 (I am Steam Level 2 now).

Last edited:

I4AT

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2006
I also have to get another 10 Steam Summer Cards (for my votes for Community's Choice) when I get to Steam Level 5 (I am Steam Level 2 now).

I think they were only handing out community choice cards if you reached level 5 while the sale was active, not sure that you'll get anymore when you eventually hit level 5.

Seba

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2000
I think they were only handing out community choice cards if you reached level 5 while the sale was active, not sure that you'll get anymore when you eventually hit level 5.

This is the message that appeared after my votes:
Thanks for voting!

You've voted 32 times.

Once you reach Steam Level 5, you'll get a card every 3rd time you vote for the Community's Choice Flash Sale and you'll be granted the cards for your previous votes.

For more details on the Summer Getaway Trading Cards, read the Summer Getaway FAQ.

LE
I searched in Steam forums and it looks that you might be right after all. I will not get any cards for my votes. But then the message that appeared after each vote should have been more clear on this point.

Relevant quote from a Valve staff member (johnc):
If you didn't make Level 5 before the last vote, you're not eligible for getting Summer Getaway cards. As some users have discovered, doing a purchase post-sale and having Level 5 will backfill cards for voting; but that is not guaranteed and will go away very soon.

Last edited:

WiseUp216

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2012
www.heatware.com
[H]
66% OFF - Galactic Civ II: Ultimate Edition (Exp. 7/30)
33% OFF - Hamilton's Great Adventure (Exp. 7/30)
66% OFF - Gettysburg Armored Warfare (Exp. 7/30)
50% OFF - Serious Sam 2 (Exp. 7/31)
33% OFF - Rush Bros. (Exp. 7/31)

[W]
Any cards.
Preference given to Mark of the Ninja, Defense Grid or Retro City Rampage since those are what I'm working on now.

I will give 2 coupons for any 1 card.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
[H]
66% OFF - Galactic Civ II: Ultimate Edition (Exp. 7/30)
33% OFF - Hamilton's Great Adventure (Exp. 7/30)
66% OFF - Gettysburg Armored Warfare (Exp. 7/30)
50% OFF - Serious Sam 2 (Exp. 7/31)
33% OFF - Rush Bros. (Exp. 7/31)

[W]
Any cards.
Preference given to Mark of the Ninja, Defense Grid or Retro City Rampage since those are what I'm working on now.

I will give 2 coupons for any 1 card.

Thanks!

Started a thread for non-Summer sale cards, if someone wants to bump it.

Seba

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2000
I searched in Steam forums and it looks that you might be right after all. I will not get any cards for my votes. But then the message that appeared after each vote should have been more clear on this point.

A few days ago I reached Steam Level 5 (by making badges from sets of cards) and did not get the Steam Summer Getaway Sale cards for my votes.

But today I purchased Sleeping dogs (together with Year of the snake DLC) and I received 10 new Summer cards.