THQ Humble Bundle, big titles like Saints Row 3 and Darksiders for cheap

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
No. You'll get one key with all of the base-level games, and another key with the BTA (beat the average) game. Later you'll likely get a key for any added bonus games. Redeeming that key on steam will not let you split up the games, nor will it give you extra copies of anything you already own.

You could, of course, just buy multiple copies of the bundle if you want one for your kid.

Thanks for the reply. I should have looked closer before posting because I did find the disclaimer.

And that's what I did....I bought the bundle for my kid. And then realized that SR3 was M17+. My kid is 14. Talk about a moment of bad parenting......not sure he's ready for a video game with sex toys in it. I should have looked first. I can't really tell him not to play it....me gifting it to him is like an endorsement. I guess we'll be having another one of those "talks"......

Sorry for rant. I'm still frustrated at myself. Look first, then purchase. Not the other way around.

AlexAL

Jan 23, 2008
Thanks for the reply. I should have looked closer before posting because I did find the disclaimer.

And that's what I did....I bought the bundle for my kid. And then realized that SR3 was M17+. My kid is 14. Talk about a moment of bad parenting......not sure he's ready for a video game with sex toys in it. I should have looked first. I can't really tell him not to play it....me gifting it to him is like an endorsement. I guess we'll be having another one of those "talks"......

Sorry for rant. I'm still frustrated at myself. Look first, then purchase. Not the other way around.

Try to find a mod for it. Usually the mods tend to take off clothes and such, but perhaps there is one that changes a dildo to a pretzel or bugle or something. Not that he won't eventually figure it out.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Only game I would want in the bundle is Tales of Valor, I have the other 2 COH games.

Raider1284

Aug 17, 2006
Guess I gotta figure out how to turn it into money (no physical bank account)

please dont tell me you keep all of your money in a sack under your bed...

Then spend $1 and get it......

Part or all of the proceeds can go towards charity.... Please dont be cheap and pay only $1 for everything... That will result in great deals like this never happening in the future. $1 split between thq, charity, and the humblebundle site is an insult to all three of them, in my opinion.

Last edited:

GullyFoyle

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2000
I only have Metro 2033 & Company of Heroes base game. Happy to pay $10 for the rest!

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
I paid $10 too even though I only needed Saints Row 3rd. This is a cool idea, can't wait to see the next Humble Bundle

EliteRetard

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2006
Part or all of the proceeds can go towards charity.... Please dont be cheap and pay only $1 for everything... That will result in great deals like this never happening in the future. $1 split between thq, charity, and the humblebundle site is an insult to all three of them, in my opinion.

I concur.

As far as my money goes, I have online accounts or deal in cash/metals...but I can't figure out how to push the check through my monitor and into my account. Got it on the 5th, still don't know what to do with it...I've never accepted a check (this was mailed to me without my consent). Even 20 years ago these things were stupid and unsecure.

Seriously, who the hell uses these things? That's like paying a dollar to ship a letter to your friend asking him what hes doing tomorrow. Except he wont get it until a week later, and you could have done it instantly and free with a computer. Even worse, there's no guarantee you'll even get it...a check is not even a promise or guarantee of money. You just fill out a worthless slip of paper with whatever imaginary amount of money you want to pretend to give somebody but they'll never actually get anything unless you actually have the cash and want them to have it. In which case the only legitimate way is to just pay them the cash in the first place.

Grrr...

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Charities are good; but for this particular bundle, I made 100% of my payment to THQ. They're pretty much a charity right now too. :p

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
please dont tell me you keep all of your money in a sack under your bed...

The average when I paid yesterday was $5.30 or something like that so we know that isn't happening.

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
i paid $6.. $4 to THQ $1 to charity and $1 to humblebrag!! YEHA!~

Raider1284

Aug 17, 2006
As far as my money goes, I have online accounts or deal in cash/metals...but I can't figure out how to push the check through my monitor and into my account. Got it on the 5th, still don't know what to do with it...I've never accepted a check (this was mailed to me without my consent). Even 20 years ago these things were stupid and unsecure.

were getting off topic, but almost all banks have the ability to take a picture of your check to deposit them. Does your "bank" have the option?

What exactly are "online accounts" that arent the websites attached to a bank? Never heard of someone these days not having a bank.

Nunya

Sep 19, 2001
I can't really tell him not to play it....me gifting it to him is like an endorsement. I guess we'll be having another one of those "talks"......
Don't do that. SR3 is definitely NOT for kids. Tell him you're sorry, you made a mistake on that one and then contact Steam support to remove it from his account.

alaricljs

Golden Member
May 11, 2005
INGDirect is the only online bank I know of that had no affiliated B&M branch office. Capital One recently bought them, but I don't think they have any B&M either. I've used INGDirect exclusively for quite some time and they have accepted mail-in check deposits forever and have had a scan and deposit app (PC and phone) for quite some time.

GusSmed

Feb 11, 2003
INGDirect is the only online bank I know of that had no affiliated B&M branch office.

There are several online banks like this. Emigrant Direct and American Express come to mind. AmEx does have offices, but you can't walk in to one and make a deposit.