Thoughts on Dying Light?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Except you're completely wrong. You can evade zombies and virals rather easily. If you just run in a straight line, then yeah, they're going to follow you. Turning corners and climbing buildings make evasion so simple a child could figure it out. But given your childish response, I don't expect to change your mind on this.
Love you too man.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
this is why it heavily plays on parkour.

I bought the Harran Ranger bundle, and it's awesome. You get a ranger bow right at the beginning. And, you can build a weapon called "the first." Like the ranger bow it's a bit overpowered and makes killing virals much easier. Also, as you kill more zombies in a row it glows orange, and gains strength. Pretty cool. The bow is very awesome though. The fact that you get it at the beginning of the game makes the game so much more enjoyable IMO. I still do the parkour stuff though. I still can get easily surrounded my zombies.

The add on was only $2.99

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I bought the Harran Ranger bundle, and it's awesome. You get a ranger bow right at the beginning. And, you can build a weapon called "the first." Like the ranger bow it's a bit overpowered and makes killing virals much easier. Also, as you kill more zombies in a row it glows orange, and gains strength. Pretty cool. The bow is very awesome though. The fact that you get it at the beginning of the game makes the game so much more enjoyable IMO. I still do the parkour stuff though. I still can get easily surrounded my zombies.

The add on was only $2.99
theres also suppressed guns now.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
And if you start the game during a community event, you'll get some pretty powerful weapons right off the bat too. Last run I made through the game I started during the volatile event (everything was volatiles) but it gave you a Ranger (revolver), a very powerful shotgun, and the reward for doing the event was a 580 damage orange bow. I think this last one you received a ridiculously powerful bat and cricket bat with enhanced physics that sent zombies flying with each hit.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
I absolutely loved Dying Light and have played through it at least 4 times, twice with the DLC. So it is likely I'd really enjoy Dead Island then too? Never played that.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Is it a fighting game?
It's more of a fighting what you need to fight while parkouring all over a middle-eastern(?) city, type of game. Once you level up your combat skills and start hoarding materials, it's more action-oriented. I really love the aspect of using the environment to your advantage against the zombies, especially if you're just starting out. There's certain areas where you can cheese the zombies all night long to rack up massive amounts of exp just by standing on certain spiked barricades.

It's also somewhat a horror game at night since you are drastically under-powered against the volatiles for the vast majority of the game. By the time you get the means of killing the normal volatiles or at least learn how to deal with them, the stronger variant shows up to put you back in your place. It does everything extremely well. The movement and combat is very fluid so if you screw up and die, it's usually because you did something you shouldn't have done.