Thoughts on a For Sale thread in DC?

brownstone

Golden Member
Oct 18, 2008
I'm curious as to whether there would be any interest in a FS/FT/WTB thread specific to the DC forum. Has this been tried before at AT? Is it even a possibility? I could see it being of value, but that may just be that I have items to sell. :whiste: Perhaps it would open too many cans of worms...I don't know, anyone else interested in weighing in on this?

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
IIRC we have tried this before - and the thread was relocated after a short discussion. The idea was that all FS/FT/WTB should be in one place. It is also probably better for business ... if you want to sell to DC-people only, just post a link in this forum and select the buyers you want to sell to.
My 2 cents ...

blckgrffn

Diamond Member
May 1, 2003
www.teamjuchems.com
I vote you should be able make a non-bumpable summary listing, linking back to your FS/FT thread. It would be incredibly easy for those who might only use this subforum daily to miss - especially if you think crunchers might interested.

Link pertusbroder said :)

It looks like it would live for nearly a week in the first set of topics, so that seems reasonable too.

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
I like the idea of a summary thread with those listings of interest for the DC-community.
However: how does one know what is of interest for us in the DC-community? OK, you can avoid game consoles. smartphones, most note books and similar computers and such stuff, but it still is mostly computerparts in FS/F/WTB.

It is hard to make something non-bumpable - unless you count on the self-discipline of the forum members.

Last edited:

somethingsketchy

Golden Member
Nov 25, 2008
After observing other forums with multiple trading threads/sub-sections (HardOCP for example), I'd say it would be beneficial. If one person can no longer afford to run some folding gear, someone else should be able to trade/barter for the gear and continue the fold.

brownstone

Golden Member
Oct 18, 2008
I didn't really think about doing a summary listing back to your FS thread, but I guess that would work alright, it just doesn't seem as clean somehow. As long as doing the summary thread in the DC section is legit though, than that works for me. Thanks for the feedback.