Thoughts on 2000 Presidental Election....

ShawnReeves

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2000
It seems Bush is the Winner...So be it.
The Media is Claiming that had Nader not got the Votes he did it would have been a differant Outcome. I agree, but like the saying goes.."Sh%T happens!
Whats your Views on this Election, were you happy , sad or Dont care?

MODS I posted this for those who have a serious Thought or View on the 2000 Election. Please Please Dont lock it! :)

DesignDawg

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
My thoughts?

With the recent rash of spamming and locking, I doubt the forums have room for this thread....

Tick tock tick tock....;)

Ricky
DesignDawg

SKiller

Oct 10, 1999
It's not inflammatory so (hopefully) it won't get locked.

To answer your question - I'm sad regardless of the outcome. This country is going to hell in a hand basket. Too bad most people won't see that until it's too late. :(:( The cycle is inevitable, it's just a matter of time...

GreenBeret

Golden Member
May 16, 2000
I'm thinking it's kinda good (happy), because it opens the door for fresh (or relatively fresh) Democratic blood in 2004. I think it'll be an interesting 4 years. Also, I'm a big military proponent.

DesignDawg

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Well, it seems this thread has stood the test of time, so I will post.

We have a VERY different government now than we have had in almost half a century. We will survive. I think it's good to have a chance to see how it will work out.

Ricky
DesignDawg

kyutip

Golden Member
Jul 24, 2000
I'm really sad and dissapointed with the outcome.
Not only the wrong candidate win (guess who I voted for), but also he win because of one little weasel that decided to ruin the vote for somebody.
Seriously, for Nader and his supporter, did any of you really think that you have any chance of getting even 5% of the votes ???
I can't imagine what this country will be in the next 4 years.
1. Drill more oil, goodbye environment (Nader supporter, is that what you want?).
2. NRA, here we come!
3. Tobacco company, welcome fellow killer....
4. Women rights? Out of the window, you really can say bye bye to it now when Bush chooses his supreme judge.
5. More execution, why not?

just my .02

ShawnReeves

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2000
Not only does this suck because the US is DOOMED, but my fiance and I had a nice wager on who would be making a Saturday night Dinner with all the fixing!
Damn I hope I can find an apron thats apealing. :p

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
This will be interesting to say the least. Who is going to give Rush a new job? He has nothing to bitch about anymore. The broadcaster who backs him should hire a liberal to keep ratings up.

One thing Nader said early on is that the race was for Gore or Bush to win or lose. He was right. Gore could have done much better,but he didn't. Bush worked his ars off and had buckets of money and republican operatives to assist him. I respect that. Anyone would have to respect that.

The important thing to remember is that regardless of the Bush win,the election has no legs in allowing GW to persue a mandate that is anywhere near turning far right.He must remain a centrist in his performance or his term will follow his Dads. 1 ea. 4 year term. If Bush hoses the economy, someone from wallstreet will put a cap in his ars ala Dallas in '63.

He has leeway with gun laws and probably will not get too much objection,but womens rights are off limits. It doesn't matter what the right says,the womens right to control her own body will stay in tact and no congress will muck that up. Remember judges have to make it through congressional approval first.

If anything, the make up of the congress is a determining factor as to much of what comes from Washington DC in the next 2 years. what Bush tries to get done,and his success is determined by what congress does. I predict alot of lip service until the juncture of the next congressional elections and then in the last part of his term,it will be peddle ro the metal up to a re election bid.

If the economy tanks or he fails to deliver on promises he made,Dems get the next crack and I would venture to bet that in 2004,it would be all dem congress and a new Dem Pres. But I haven't a clue who it would be. Cuomo?

Tominator

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Tripleshot

I just guess it's a Liberal Trait to be so wrong so much of the time!;)

Rush Limbaugh had his biggest gain in the ratings during a REPUBLICAN presidency.

Actually, if you look at history the Republicans performed a near miracle! A booming economy and being the incumbant party should have guaranteed Gore's victory. The Democrats should have gotten back the House as well.

Perot spoiled Bush's re-election. Fair play?:D

bonk102

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
i'm still more surprised that the Republicans control the house than how close the overall vote was. I believe there was a lot of problems in FLorida with the voting system and that the only fair way to find a president at this point would be to do a re-vote there. teh only problem with that is there has never before in history been a precedent to do so so we have nothing to base it on