Thought "Freedom Fries" Was Dumb?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: Corbett
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Originally posted by: lupi
You're the tool posting on a website about a corporate naming contest that has absolutely no relevance to anything, bravo indeed.
Why do you hate our freedom so much?

You answer first.

This is something that I'll agree with jp on... Airport security has become more restrictive and far more ludicrous in the last seven years. Do you remember right after 9/11? The plan was to federalize all airport security personnel and give them a $3/hr raise... and that was going to make us all safer. Giving the same retards who were in charge before 9/11 a raise and making them federal employees was somehow supposed to make a difference.

The fact that they are holding contests to make their department name sound more friendly makes about as much sense as the IRS having a "Customer Service" department. Customer...

Oy...

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Infohawk
This sounds like North Korea would think up.

I'm for renaming the DOD to the Department of War.

You know, I was thnking the same thing earlier today.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Originally posted by: Craig234
This sounds like North Korea would think up.

You know, I was thnking the same thing earlier today.

Ya know, it was named that prior to 1947

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
Originally posted by: demiurge3141
Freedom center, where you leave your freedom behind

No, you don't have any freedom. Freedom Center is where they keep it all and you will be issued some freedom if you are deserving of it.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Originally posted by: Craig234

You know, I was thinking the same thing earlier today.

It would just be reverting back to the original name.

The United States Department of War, sometimes also called the War Office, was the department of the United States government's executive branch responsible for the operation and maintenance of land (and later air) forces from 1789 until September 18, 1947, when it became part of the National Military Establishment, renamed on August 10, 1949 the Department of Defense.

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
Originally posted by: jackschmittusa
I thought the White House press secretary was already the head of the Ministry of Truth.

:thumbsup:

and +1 to any use of Free-dumb ...

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Does that mean I'm free to bring my pistols when I enter that building? Oh yeah, freedom for them. Not for me.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000

They actually held an agency-wide contest to come up with the name. Bravo TSA employees, you amaze us with your intelligence once again.

You're the tool posting on a website about a corporate naming contest that has absolutely no relevance to anything, bravo indeed.

good lord, SHUT THE HELL UP.

This is the worst, most ignorant, toolish post I've seen on a long time.

Seriously, some of you (on BOTH sides) have some serious issues. "omgzzz I disagree with jpeyton/s politiks haaa I'm gonna go attak him in all his threds no matter wat11!!!!!" <- more coherent and relevant than your post.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
While continuing this fine leftist circle jerk, let's not forget to add USS New York, Somerset, and Freedom to the list; and of course those that will serve on the vessels as we were reminded.

mxyzptlk

Golden Member
Apr 18, 2008
Originally posted by: Eeezee
WRT Freedom Fries - What's wrong with just calling them chips?

What are you, some kind of communist? These colors don't run. America Freedom 9/11 never forget dale Earnhardt FREEDOM GOD & JESUS *sploooge*

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

They actually held an agency-wide contest to come up with the name. Bravo TSA employees, you amaze us with your intelligence once again.

Speaking of mindless tools posting about nothing relevant...

Tell us how great it is for your Traitor In Chief's adiministration of traitors, murderers, torturers, war criminals, war profiteers and incompetent liars to propogandize the name of one of their own creations that was SUPPOSED to deal with their previous incompetence prior to 9-11.

A corporate name change is intended to help the image of a commercial entity. A government agencies responsible for issues of national security and public safety are supposed to do their job, and so far, what they've come up with is a fuster cluck of confusion, inefficiency, ineptitude and some outright fraud.

A new name won't change that. A turd by any other name is still a turd.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Deeko

good lord, SHUT THE HELL UP.

This is the worst, most ignorant, toolish post I've seen on a long time.

Seriously, some of you (on BOTH sides) have some serious issues. "omgzzz I disagree with jpeyton/s politiks haaa I'm gonna go attak him in all his threds no matter wat11!!!!!" <- more coherent and relevant than your post.

He just told me to DIAF because I don't like PST for football. It's amazing how accurate my summary really is......

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003

IIRC, that was the original name for the department until about WW2. I think it was much more fitting considering as we aren't always defending. The "Bush Doctrine" made sure of that if it wasn't already apparrent. War is an ugly (but arguably necessary) business. We don't need to sugar-coat it with wordplay.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
While continuing this fine leftist circle jerk, let's not forget to add USS New York, Somerset, and Freedom to the list; and of course those that will serve on the vessels as we were reminded.

Yep, those are ships. That has what do with DHS being staffed by a bunch of idiots?

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Harvey

Speaking of mindless tools posting about nothing relevant...
Harvey's going to post something.

Tell us how great it is for your Traitor In Chief's adiministration of traitors, murderers, torturers, war criminals, war profiteers and incompetent liars to propogandize the name of one of their own creations that was SUPPOSED to deal with their previous incompetence prior to 9-11.

I fell like I should start calling you Tim, like that TV show.

But keep it up, I mean it's not like I ever voted for Bush or have previously discussed my thoughts on most of his cabinet, but please continue for the peanut gallery.

A corporate name change is intended to help the image of a commercial entity. A government agency responsible for issues of national security and public safety are supposed to do their job, and so far, what they've come up with is a fuster cluck of confusion, inefficiency, ineptitude and some outright fraud.

Lets see, it's not a corporate name change as everyone is known now as they were before, they were only naming a building, it contains several agencies in that building and not just the TSA, and I'm glad you like government efficiency and still manage to hope they can manage the oncoming mountain of additional entitlement services; all while holding your tax level stagnant :D

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Cries about something and then murmurs that he misses mommies milk.

I'm sorry what did you want?

p.s. I've always said the same thing about sports scheduling so it's nice to see ya outed for the troll ya are.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Harvey's going to post something.

Hold on. lupi's going to post something...

I fell like I should start calling you Tim, like that TV show.

But keep it up, I mean it's not like I ever voted for Bush or have previously discussed my thoughts on most of his cabinet, but please continue for the peanut gallery.
Lets see, it's not a corporate name change as everyone is known now as they were before, they were only naming a building, it contains several agencies in that building and not just the TSA, and I'm glad you like government efficiency and still manage to hope they can manage the oncoming mountain of additional entitlement services; all while holding your tax level stagnant :D

Never mind... he didn't. :laugh:

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Cries about something and then murmurs that he misses mommies milk.

I'm sorry what did you want?

p.s. I've always said the same thing about sports scheduling so it's nice to see ya outed for the troll ya are.

You always wish people death, by method of burning, when they prefer east coast time for sports scheduling? If that's the case I think you've got more serious issues to deal with.

It wasn't that you disagreed, it's the fact that you went out of your way to be an asshole. Much like what you did to jpeyton here. And you call me the troll....amusing.

edit: I'd also like to add, you said I'm "outed" as the troll I really am....pal, I've got 21,000 posts over 9 years here. I don't think I'm hiding anything.