Those who want to hang onto the vestiges of the Confederacy take a look at what you are still supporting...

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
This isn't even taking into account the Confederacy were traitors to the United States, the following is the Cornerstone address given by the Vice President of the Confederacy March 21, 1861. Their justification for ceding from the union.

The new Constitution has put at rest forever all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institution—African slavery as it exists among us—the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution. Jefferson, in his forecast, had anticipated this, as the "rock upon which the old Union would split." He was right. What was conjecture with him, is now a realized fact. But whether he fully comprehended the great truth upon which that rock stood and stands, may be doubted. The prevailing ideas entertained by him and most of the leading statesmen at the time of the formation of the old Constitution were, that the enslavement of the African was in violation of the laws of nature; that it was wrong in principle, socially, morally and politically. It was an evil they knew not well how to deal with; but the general opinion of the men of that day was, that, somehow or other, in the order of Providence, the institution would be evanescent and pass away. [...] Those ideas, however, were fundamentally wrong. They rested upon the assumption of the equality of races. This was an error. It was a sandy foundation, and the idea of a Government built upon it—when the "storm came and the wind blew, it fell."

Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite ideas; its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth. This truth has been slow in the process of its development, like all other truths in the various departments of science.

May we not therefore look with confidence to the ultimate universal acknowledgement of the truths upon which our system rests? It is the first government ever instituted upon the principles in strict conformity to nature, and the ordination of Providence, in furnishing the materials of human society. Many governments have been founded upon the principle of the subordination and serfdom of certain classes of the same race; such were and are in violation of the laws of nature. Our system commits no such violation of nature's laws.

As a black man, a citizen of the United States it warms my heart to see so many well meaning white people trying to hang onto their "heritage"

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
This isn't even taking into account the Confederacy were traitors to the United States, the following is the Cornerstone address given by the Vice President of the Confederacy March 21, 1861. Their justification for ceding from the union.

As a black man, a citizen of the United States it warms my heart to see so many well meaning white people trying to hang onto their "heritage"

Doncha know? That's fake news. The Civil War, AKA The War Between the States, had nothing to do with slavery...and everything to do with states' rights? If you don't believe me, ask any "stars and bars" waving southerner.

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
Thank you, I have never read that before. As a Wisconsonite I have seen vehicles and flags with the Confederate flag on them even here and I'm like what the fuck are you dumbasses thinking, we fought against the south you imbeciles.

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
Yeah, WI has an alarming number of confederate flags. People from Northern states can't even hide behind that stupid "southern pride" shit when they fly the confederate flag, they're usually openly proud racist assholes.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Yeah, this is actually never taught in the south. Least not when I was educated there, through the 12th grade.

It is "complex and mysterious, and anyway, many brave people fought and died for what they believed in." The end.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Yeah, this is actually never taught in the south. Least not when I was educated there, through the 12th grade.

It is "complex and mysterious, and anyway, many brave people fought and died for what they believed in." The end.
Proud traditions. :(

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Ther civil war wasn't about slavery. It was about protecting the right to make money off the bondage of Black people. It was important to believe they were sub human in order to assuage their undeniable white guilt , but all that contempt and injustice continued after the war to maintain the illusion of innocence. Today the Southern Pride is there to hide the fact that white people are full of self hate. The more money you have compared to the next person the better person you are. The rich tell themselves they are rich because they deserve to be. That is true but those whose wealth attributed to the external have no idea what being rich really is.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Where are all you people who have defending the confederate flag and statues over the years?