Those who leave stickers on.....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Tremulant

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
I think our Panasonic 42" plasma still has the sticker on the front. It doesn't bother me, so it hasn't come off.

krotchy

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2006
I really hate the damn protective films that get places unnecessarily on like everything you freaking buy these days. Especially people who leave them on making it look 100x worse than just taking it off and getting an itty bitty scratch.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
I leave them on everything. They dont bother me, plus, anytime I try to take them off, it leaves a nasty sticker residue....I'd rather they just stay on.

jtvang125

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2004
I remove the bright stickers but usually leave the protection film on as long as possible if it hasn't started peeling. Any signs of peeling and I remove it.

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
This is kind of like how some people leave their remote control in the plastic bag that it came in... never understood something like that.

Sphexi

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2005
Originally posted by: vshah
i never understood this. i always take the stickers off, my dad always leaves them on.
On something like a digital camera, they're going to fall off eventually anyway, and then you're left with an odd clean square on your camera.

My Canon A95 still has the stickers on the side of it, with the zoom level and DiG!C and all that, looks like new too even though it's almost 3 years old and has taken thousands of picture by now. Just too much of a bother to sit there peeling them off and then rubbing off the glue, if it falls off then fine, but it doesn't interfere with the operation of the camera so I let them be. Stickers never did nothing to me anyways.

ELopes580

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2003
I have a problem with peoplw who worry about what other people do that doesn't harm anyone else. If a person who bought something wants to leave the stickers on; let them. They PAID for it, not you!!!

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
the Contrast ratio/energy star and responce time stickers are still on both my LCDs, and i dont plan on taking them off

honestly ive never thought about it once before this thread, and ill admit i didnt realize they were stickers till i read the OP

Deadtrees

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2002
Originally posted by: ELopes580
I have a problem with peoplw who worry about what other people do that doesn't harm anyone else. If a person who bought something wants to leave the stickers on; let them. They PAID for it, not you!!!

I have a problem with people who have a problem with people who worry about what other people do that doesn't harm anyone else.

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
I'm super guilty. My biggest offence is leaving the "Fender" stickers on my Strat for over a year before taking them off. Not like I ever used it in public, but I was afraid of leaving a glue 'stain'.

As for other things, unless it's overbearing and hueg, I leave it on for the same reason.

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
Originally posted by: handoverfist
Higher resale value, for those that try to sell them later as brand new... lol

Not too far off. Not to be sold as new, but if you had yours with the stickers all over it and intact, and someone wanted to buy it and saw another one cheaper missing the stickers, they are more prone to buy your over the cheaper one for it has the stickers, making them feel as though yours is hardly used, and been well kept. Its all about the resale. Just as people love to get the window sticker, and the owners manual when the get a used car. Some are just so overjoyed about having those stupid little extras, some will go out of their way to pay more just to have it.
Done it myself.

ELopes580

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2003
Originally posted by: Deadtrees
Originally posted by: ELopes580

I have a problem with people who have a problem with people who worry about what other people do that doesn't harm anyone else.

Then you have a problem with other people having a problem that you find is a problem; which really isn't much of a problem to begin with.

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001
Yep, I save all the stickers, boxes, reciepts and anything else that came with the product :)

Why do I keep stickers on? I don't know...... Because most don't come off easy I suppose and you have to resort to the laquer/paint thinners to remove them and the adhesive that remains after you remove them.

Like these stickers on my old 2002/3 Sony RECIEVER?

PeeluckyDuckee

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2001
Why try to understand something when most likely whatever answer comes your way you won't be content with? To understand something you'll have to open yourself up to the idea of openness, but asking why and trying to understand something that doesn't need to be asked why or doesn't require understanding in the first place shows how closed minded you are about certain things in life.

It just is sometimes. A personal choice. No need to ask why. No need for any understanding.

Understand? lol

Deadtrees

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2002
Originally posted by: PeeluckyDuckee
Why try to understand something when most likely whatever answer comes your way you won't be content with? To understand something you'll have to open yourself up to the idea of openness, but asking why and trying to understand something that doesn't need to be asked why or doesn't require understanding in the first place shows how closed minded you are about certain things in life.

It just is sometimes. A personal choice. No need to ask why. No need for any understanding.

Understand? lol

Thanks Mr. Serious.