Those who leave stickers on.....

Deadtrees

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2002
I just can't understand why people, so many people leave stickers on whatever digital products they've bought.
What's the point of leaving "Windows Vista Certificated", "HD ready, ##ms super fast response time", "## Megapixel", "## inch LCD", etc. stickers?
Is it sort of fashion like leaving stickers on baseball caps?

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
i never understood this. i always take the stickers off, my dad always leaves them on.
On something like a digital camera, they're going to fall off eventually anyway, and then you're left with an odd clean square on your camera.

mesthead21

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2004
I just noticed i had one on my tv hah. I guess you could just forget about them.

MazerRackham

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2002
I have a friend who also refuses to take ANY stickers off of anything he buys. It looks pretty ridiculous at times, especially on digicams.

Skeeedunt

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2005
I leave on the nice thick logo ones, like the ones that come on laptops, but yeah the rest come right off. I usually have more fun peeling them off than I do using whatever I just bought.

Deadtrees

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2002
Having some stickers on laptops, indeed, helps the look of it if those are well designed.
However, I just can't understand stickers on monitors. Especially those bright colorful stickers. Monitors are something you do really look at it and those damn stickers are just so annoying when it's there. Is it not?

mobobuff

Lifer
Apr 5, 2004
My rule is, you take off all stickers that come off easily. If taking them off means they leave a big sticky mark, you leave them on.

ForumMaster

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
well i only have one product that has a sticker: my monitor. it has a tiny sticker that says environmently safe. it tiny and it doesn't bother me, so why take it off?

montypythizzle

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2006
If they LOOK attractive and aren't bright and deter the look of the product I don't take them off.
There are some stickers that look right, and others that look.... like shit.

Jun 14, 2003
yup, i know people who leave the plastic films on their mobile phone screens.... even though they make them harder to see. especially when they begin to peel it, then have 2nd thoughts and put it back...collecting bubbles in the process.

those screens are pretty damn more scratch resistant than you think.... i had my sony K800i in my pocket with my car keys and didnt get a scratch....still dont have a single scratch today and the phones nearly a year old and see's constant use.

LOUISSSSS

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2005
Originally posted by: mobobuff
My rule is, you take off all stickers that come off easily. If taking them off means they leave a big sticky mark, you leave them on.

QFT
/thread

hzl eyed grl

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
I honestly never think about the stickers so they usually end up staying on. My mom is the sticker-picker. :D

Oct 4, 2004
I have a camcorder from 1997 that still has a sticker that says 'Up to 5.5 Hours!" or something like that. It seemed impossibly hard to remove the last time I checked.

yup, i know people who leave the plastic films on their mobile phone screens
I do think that is pretty stupid.

And oh, I know people who leave the plastic covers (on the seats) on for literally MONTHS after they buy a new car. What's the point of getting a fully-loaded car with plush seats...and leaving the plastic on for 6 months? :confused:

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
depends how easy it is to take off and how ugly it is.
many just look fine, not worth trouble to take off.

Jun 14, 2003
Originally posted by: theprodigalrebel
I have a camcorder from 1997 that still has a sticker that says 'Up to 5.5 Hours!" or something like that. It seemed impossibly hard to remove the last time I checked.

yup, i know people who leave the plastic films on their mobile phone screens
I do think that is pretty stupid.

And oh, I know people who leave the plastic covers (on the seats) on for literally MONTHS after they buy a new car. What's the point of getting a fully-loaded car with plush seats...and leaving the plastic on for 6 months? :confused:

lol

we used to have a penine folding camper.... one of those things where the bottom half is a caravan, the top half is a tent.

slept 6, had a fridge, oven, toilet, hot/cold running water, sink, lighting everything.

but my dad never ever took the cellophane/plastic sheath off of the carpet on the floor. this did help in a way though, because when we sold it we got a alot of our money back (it cost £8000, sold for nearly £6000) because it was practically in new condition (had used it as much as we hoped) and the carpet was immaculate.

caivoma

Sep 3, 2004
Meh, those stickers are always bugged me and i ended up peeled them off. I really hate stickers that left residue.

Skacer

Banned
Jun 4, 2007
The clear stickers on the bottom of laptops or on LCD displays. I tear off every one I see.

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: dighn
why take them off? I don't care enough to do that.

:thumbsup:

Those who make threads whining about things like this confuse me :p

gwrober

Golden Member
Sep 3, 2005
Originally posted by: dighn
why take them off? I don't care enough to do that.

Same here. I never really thought about it until this thread.

The screen protection and laptop plastics come off tho, but I consider those as part of the packaging....

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I never take the stickers off.... In fact, the stickers are still on my DLP that I bought 7-ish months ago. I may be obsessive compulsive, but I'm not OCD over stickers.