Those who ate school: What major do you choose if:

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Trust me, Super Groove: You can get, at least almost, anywhere you want to if you're determined to. All it takes is determination. Determination provokes the will to succeed and all necessary steps to get there. There's always a potential there if you search within yourself. Think for a moment: What do you love a lot and would like to be good at? And then take the step to get books and study on your own. Also if getting assistance from others makes a difference, do so.

There are always lower majors, but don't limit yourself to that. Allow your potentials out.

Best of luck. :)

xuanman

Golden Member
Oct 5, 2002
study what you think you'll enjoy. if the thought of indifference curves and utility functions aren't too exciting, you probably shouldn't be an econ major. in the meantime, meet lots of people, network. in the end, it's all about who you know...

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Do like the football players - go for a P.E. major.

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
Major in Marketing or Communications, or General Management. Unless you're super-motivated, those majors aren't taxing at all from what I hear. Also, a 75% on an Econ exam isn't bad. At least, it wasn't bad with the professor I had. And Physics E&M was terrible. I had something like a 58% and I got a "B-".

ZV

SirChadwick

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2001
Originally posted by: MajesticMoose
a 75% is not that bad in college. I would have sh!tted myself if i got a 75 on one of my last tests. The median grade was a 47, so 75 is relatively good

Sounds like most of my Java classes I've taken.

udonoogen

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Astaroth33
There honestly were times I felt like eating my school, but I was never really hungry enough..

The answer to your question is to go with either Communications or with Psychology.

i'm psychology and cognitive science. i love psych. you may too. i don't know what the previous poster was implying ... but perhaps he was suggesting psych because you really don't need math for it. you do need a background in science though ... for the cognitive psychology aspect of it.

axelfox

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
Sounds like Grounds Keeper Willie: "I 'ate him".

Just do something you like.

Keego

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2000
I just got a 29% on my dynamics test... How do you think I feel? :disgust:

NewSc2

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by: axelfox
Sounds like Grounds Keeper Willie: "I 'ate him".

Just do something you like.

i ate his face, i ate his body, i ate his legs!

AND I ATE HIS CRAP!

amgkid

Sep 12, 2000
man, i just took a dynamics test today and i bombed it. it didn't help that someone pulled the fscking fire alarm half an hour before the test was over and we all had to run outside into the rain! damn ucla kids

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: udonoogen
There honestly were times I felt like eating my school, but I was never really hungry enough..

The answer to your question is to go with either Communications or with Psychology.

i'm psychology and cognitive science. i love psych. you may too. i don't know what the previous poster was implying ... but perhaps he was suggesting psych because you really don't need math for it. you do need a background in science though ... for the cognitive psychology aspect of it.

The previous poster (me) knows several people who have degrees in psychology, who have never had any intention of pursuing a career in that general field. Like any field, you get out of it what you put into it, and it can be very rewarding for those who really enjoy it.

udonoogen

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2001
Originally posted by: udonoogen

The previous poster (me) knows several people who have degrees in psychology, who have never had any intention of pursuing a career in that general field. Like any field, you get out of it what you put into it, and it can be very rewarding for those who really enjoy it.

in that case, you can do anything in the humanities and you have an open field. =)