Those hats with dual flaps on the back from the 80s

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRooster

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
What are those even called, and where can you get them?
I saw a Labatt's Blue one this weekend, with the plastic brim even, and would desperately like to find one for myself.
Anyone know what I'm talking about?

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
What are those even called, and where can you get them?
I saw a Labatt's Blue one this weekend, with the plastic brim even, and would desperately like to find one for myself.
Anyone know what I'm talking about?
were the flaps on the back or on the side?

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Not sure, but desert hat,, Afrika Corp hat, or some variation might give results.

RedRooster

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Kind of like a "desert" hat, only the tails only covered the back and they were much cheesier looking.
HSDesertCap.jpg

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Hehe, no. It looked like a regular 80s ball hat from the front, but the back had two 10ish inch long and 4ish inch wide tails. Like something Kenny Powers would wear out on the lake. :D
never saw that one, but the one i posted is a labatt hockey helmet hat and was free with a 30 pk at one time. I got a couple. :p

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I seem to recall one being worn by a young Anthony Michael Hall, at some point?

:hmm:

and quite possibly Will Smith in Fresh Prince. ...and I think they were late 80s/early 90s.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
LOL....I just found a couple of these not long ago while going through some stuff in my parent's attic. They were both Budweiser hats. One had the normal Bud logo on the front, the other had Spuds McKenzie on the front.

I threw them away...damn I should have saved them.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
LOL....I just found a couple of these not long ago while going through some stuff in my parent's attic. They were both Budweiser hats. One had the normal Bud logo on the front, the other had Spuds McKenzie on the front.

I threw them away...damn I should have saved them.
you could've ebayed them. you threw some $$ away. :sneaky:

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
I can't believe I was so inebriated in the 80s that I missed this. I own a ball cap with a neck cape for working in real dusty dirty areas, but I guess I missed when it was fashionable.

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
I know exactly what you're talking about. There's actually a short video clip that plays at the end, after the credits, of a certain group of TV shows (maybe from Adult Swim?) of a guy wearing that type of hat. No idea what it's actually called, though, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.