Those damn wiggling ad banners!

SlickWilly

Banned
Oct 30, 1999
Damn I hate them things. They sit on your screen pulsating and jerking around annoying the piss out of you just so you'll click on them. Argh. Gotta hit the stop button on the browser every time I load a page. There's one now. Right at the top of my page. Ugh! Anand! Off with that garbage!

chipbgt

Banned
Nov 30, 1999
I hate to be a pain but........what do you think pays for websites like these? I bet it really kills ya to see those ads doesnt it. I guess you would rather not have anandtech at all :D

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
It doesn't have to be activated all the time and I find the option to prevent pop-up windows much more useful than simply killing ads.

No more annoying Geocities pop-ups for me! Yesssssssssss!!!

3 AM (Matchbox 20)

chipbgt

Banned
Nov 30, 1999
Its just that I find it so aggravating when I see people posting about how to disable ads on message boards that they use free of charge.

chipbgt

Banned
Nov 30, 1999
I can understand that....but in this case, he wants them gone just because they "bug" him.

SlickWilly

Banned
Oct 30, 1999
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the ad banners in general, it's a part of life, but when they freak out and TRY to give me an epileptic seizure, it's rather annoying.

(no I'm not epileptic, but you never know :)

Tominator

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

<< Ugh! Anand! Off with that garbage! >>

What do you think pays for this site?

BTW, some are just plain obnoxious!