Thomas Friedman just loves to grind the gears

VioletAura

Banned
Aug 28, 2003
Nice find.

Just stop for one second and contemplate what happened: A suicide bomber, driving an ambulance loaded with explosives, crashed into the Red Cross office and blew himself up on the first day of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. This suicide bomber was not restrained by either the sanctity of the Muslim holy day or the sanctity of the Red Cross. All civilizational norms were tossed aside?

The Vietcong, of course, were nothing like this band of blasphemous rebels. They would never, for instance, have thought of attacking us on Tet.

LOL, that part made me laugh.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
I love Friedman. And, yes, he is totally muddle-headed about the war. But, the SOB can WRITE! His command of the language is enviable and he isn't a screecher like O'Reilly The Hun or Clammity the Clueless.

What I fail to understand about folks is why they think this war is somehow good for Israel. This has been a frequently espoused view. I strongly demur. When a Shiite regime is installed in Iraq our worst nightmare in the Middle East-short of nuclear war-will have come true. Talk about muddle-headed.

-Robert

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
I like Friedman but I agree he's really got the thinking cap on too tight if he thinks Bush War 2003 makes sense.

rahvin

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Boy that was a stupid article but I can't expect Hagbard to post links to anything else.