Thomas and Betts Snap-N-Seal RG6 connectors

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
I just got a bag of these RG6 Ultimate connectors that are supposed to be good for quad shield as well as regular shield coax. I have RG6 quad shield cable I'm trying to put these damn things on and I cut the cable with the cable stripper so that one blade cuts to the center conductor and the second blade cuts thru to the second braid. I fold the braid back like the directions say but I cant for the life of me get the damn cable to go far enough into the connector. Anyone have any experience with these goddamn forsaken motherfvcker connectors that may give some pointers?

thanks

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
Whenever I use those crimp or twist on RG6 connectors I manage to fuck things up really bad. Cut the braid/Too much insulation/connector won't fit no matter what. Eventually I end up cutting too much cable. I hate those things so much, I usually end up buying one of those 12/25/50' pre cut cables with connectors on them. One time I was just like 'fuck this shit' and soldered the cable onto the bulkhead.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
i put a bunch of those on the other day, they were a pain in the butt, no easy way to do it for me, it just took a lot of work and twisting and pushing down on the thing.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Yeah, it requires a tool, but my problem is before using the tool. I had a little 1 length I was playing around with trying to test these rg6 red ultimate connectors out, I've used the black ones before which were for regular shield before, but somehow I got the on this quadshield. I was thinking the red ones would be much easier to put on, hell they're harder. I had to beat the damn cable down on my desk to get it anywhere close too acceptable.

ScottMac

Moderator<br>Networking<br>Elite member
Mar 19, 2001
S&S connectors for RG6, and RG6-Quad are different. As you have noticed, the RG6 are a little smaller than the RG6-Q.

If you can find a chunk of regular RG6 laying around, give it a try, it should slide right in.

Three are also S&S for RG59, and five colors of RCA (to make customer RGB + Black and Yellow).

Good Luck

Scott