This won`t end well.....unvaccinated student suing.......

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
This kind of shit doesn't help...more or less it's radicalizing that fringe...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-us-canada-45294192

Social media bots and Russian trolls have been spreading disinformation about vaccines on Twitter to create social discord and distribute malware, US researchers say.
Many posted both pro- and anti-vaccination messages to create "false equivalency", the study found.
Vaccination was being used by trolls and sophisticated bots as a "wedge issue", said Mark Dredze from Johns Hopkins University.

"By playing both sides, they erode public trust in vaccination, exposing us all to the risk of infectious diseases," he said

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
This kind of shit doesn't help...more or less it's radicalizing that fringe...

At some point we have to admit that what we are experiencing is a very sophisticated attack. Malevolent forces are manipulating people to harm our society, and they are being successful. We are going to have to figure out how to fight back, either by blocking their ability to do so, or attacking them back in a similar fashion so they do not feel that this is a safe way to attack us.

What we need is Mutually Assured Social Destruction.

Reactions: zinfamous

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Was going to start a thread about this but I'll just add it to this one:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/19/health/anti-vax-harassment-eprise/index.html

Parents who have had their kids die of infectious diseases are getting harassed online by anti-vaxers because the anti-vaxers don't like the fact the the death of these kids can be used to argue for the necessity of vaccines. One woman was told her dead son didn't exist and the whole thing was a hoax. Which is exactly what certain followers of Alex Jones said to the Sandy Hook parents.

Also, it appears that anti-vax chat rooms and other social media locales are coordinating this harassment. It isn't just random anti-vaxxers doing it.

These people are every bit as insane - and nasty - as the Jones crowd.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I wonder:

Jerome Kunkel, 18, claimed that banning him from school violates his rights. His lawsuit argues that he hasn’t been vaccinated because of his religious belief that “the use of any vaccine that is derived from aborted fetal cells is immoral, illegal and sinful,” Newsweek reports.

“I don’t believe in that vaccine at all and they are trying to push it on us,” Bill Kunkle, Jerome’s father, told NBC affiliate WLWT.

Current chickenpox vaccines do not use fetal cells. And the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention call the vaccine “very safe” and “effective.”

(from linked article)
I don't give a shit what he "believes".

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Was going to start a thread about this but I'll just add it to this one:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/19/health/anti-vax-harassment-eprise/index.html

Parents who have had their kids die of infectious diseases are getting harassed online by anti-vaxers because the anti-vaxers don't like the fact the the death of these kids can be used to argue for the necessity of vaccines. One woman was told her dead son didn't exist and the whole thing was a hoax. Which is exactly what certain followers of Alex Jones said to the Sandy Hook parents.

Also, it appears that anti-vax chat rooms and other social media locales are coordinating this harassment. It isn't just random anti-vaxxers doing it.

These people are every bit as insane - and nasty - as the Jones crowd.
What the Hell? What kind of person would tell a parent that their dead child didn't exist and she is part of a hoax?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
This case is going to be interesting because it is going to ask the legal question of is one's religious belief more important than reality. The kid believes something demonstrably untrue, but it holds the weight of a religious belief, so can a school argue that the belief being demonstrably untrue means they don't have to honor it? It tests the limits of what one can claim to believe.

Not going work out for him if for no other reason than his basis for argument is false. He might believe that he can stand in the middle of a highway because highways were literally built by Satan. Assuming he survives no judge is going to buy that. Nope, he's going to lose and depending on the situation someone may pay a lot of money for his stupid.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Not that I actually want this to happen, but it will take a plague or two to get these people's heads straight unfortunately.

Nope, that's not how it works. They'll deny reality as their family dies around them and blame it on anything but their error. The only way for this to work is if a disease wipes them all out worldwide, and only until the next generation or one after that.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Not going work out for him if for no other reason than his basis for argument is false. He might believe that he can stand in the middle of a highway because highways were literally built by Satan. Assuming he survives no judge is going to buy that. Nope, he's going to lose and depending on the situation someone may pay a lot of money for his stupid.

I sure hope so, but I am not at all sure that the current SCOTUS will be that reasonable when it comes to matters of religious freedom. I afraid this SCOTUS would rule 5-4 that standing in the middle of a freeway is his religious right and a car accidentally hitting him is oppressing his 1A right. This court was after all intentionally built to be unreasonable about decisions concerning religion.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I wonder:

Jerome Kunkel, 18, claimed that banning him from school violates his rights. His lawsuit argues that he hasn’t been vaccinated because of his religious belief that “the use of any vaccine that is derived from aborted fetal cells is immoral, illegal and sinful,” Newsweek reports.

“I don’t believe in that vaccine at all and they are trying to push it on us,” Bill Kunkle, Jerome’s father, told NBC affiliate WLWT.

Current chickenpox vaccines do not use fetal cells. And the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention call the vaccine “very safe” and “effective.”

(from linked article)

Sounds like he kneels before the Alter of Ignorance.

Reactions: Victorian Gray

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Yeah fuck that family. Ban them for life until he gets vaccinated. Hell, quarantine them into their own homes.

I'd say it's very likely that his parents were vaccinated because their parents would be post-depression, war-time parents that probably didn't subscribe to the kind of dumbfuckery bullshit that has consumed the proud, entitled retards of this country that never suffered a fucking thing in the last two generations.

Reactions: edblor

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
At some point we have to admit that what we are experiencing is a very sophisticated attack. Malevolent forces are manipulating people to harm our society, and they are being successful. We are going to have to figure out how to fight back, either by blocking their ability to do so, or attacking them back in a similar fashion so they do not feel that this is a safe way to attack us.

What we need is Mutually Assured Social Destruction.

I say we deploy the Kardashian ICBM, stat.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
entitled retards of this country that never suffered a fucking thing in the last two generations.

This is the truth. Our society is slowly forgetting what disease looks like. Most of them have never met someone that had polio, or known someone that died of small pox (well, to be fair neither have I on that one). They have never seen what happens when the measles sweeps through a population, what it is like to have 1 in every 20 children die (and that is todays numbers, it was worse in the past) just from that one disease.

To most millennials disease is just an inconvenience, they have forgotten it is one of our greatest enemies.