This Week's Castle Episode [11-05-2012] - [Ep. #0506, "The Final Frontier"]...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ViRGE, Nov 6, 2012.

1. ViRGE

ViRGE Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus

This episode is simply far too hilarious not to have a discussion thread. I haven't laughed this hard since SG-1 did golfing through the stargate.:D It's a complete farce on sci-fi (and of course, particularly Firefly) from the start to the end, in a way only Nathan Fillion could pull off.
    http://www.tv.com/shows/castle/the-final-frontier-2577968/

Oh, and check out the cast & crew lists, especially the guest stars and the director :eek:

PS My lungs hurt

#1 ViRGE, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  2. Ns1

Ns1 No Lifer

a whole bunch of "who?"

3. pontifex

pontifex Lifer

Loved this episode. Especially Alexis' costume - WOW!

I didn't realize her body was THAT good.

4. ViRGE

The director was Johnathan Frakes, and the guest stars are virtually all sci-fi alum, or in the case of one of them one of the other actors to play Joey Buchanan (Nathan's old soap opera role).
    So far they've dressed her up as more of a classical beauty when they've done anything at all (obviously you don't do too much when the actress was still a minor). This season however they're clearly going to push things a bit.:eek:

http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/ViRGE/Alexis-Castle0506.jpg

#4 ViRGE, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  5. allisolm

allisolm Administrator<br>Elite Member
    Administrator

Was very funny indeed.

6. arrfep

arrfep Platinum Member

I watch the show regularly, mostly because I'm in love with Stana Katic and have a man crush on Nathan Fillion. But I would also be the first to admit that the last season was terrible. Last night's episode was the best in a loooong time. Loved it and all the inside jokes.

My thoughts exactly. Wowzers. The scene in the loft with her and Castle was priceless.

7. ViRGE

This season has really been the anti-season 4. They've cut a lot of the melodrama and seriousness in favor of the playfulness common in season 2. IMHO the show was never meant to be a full-time gritty cop drama, and trying to push the show that way wasn't doing it any huge favors.

8. TastesLikeChicken

DVR'd this and just watched it. Awesome episode. Seemed like Nathan Fillion was having a blast doing this, even poking fun at his Firefly stint. His Picard impersonation wasn't great but his Kirk had me rolling on the floor.

Some episode trivia: It was directed by Jonathon Frakes and Armin Shimmerman (Quark from DS9) plays a role in it. The chick with long-term memory issues from Alphas is in it as well.

9. arrfep

arrfep Platinum Member

Ooooohh...I was confused as to why he was doing a Christopher Walken impression out of nowhere.

10. TastesLikeChicken

If you listened at the ending when Kate dons the costume there is a song from a William Shatner album playing as the background music too.