This was Iraq ....

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
NPR.ORG

It's an audio link, click on it to listen, WMP and realplayer

"Probe Digs into Iraq's History of Torture"

It explains to some degree why the reconstruction may be more difficult than the US and allies first thought.

edit/

Every person in the world and especially the Arabs of that region should be ashamed that it went on as long as it did.

For the record, yes, I do listen to NPR. Deal with it, though I know some of you won't believe that a conservative might listen to that source of news.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
NPR is very conservative. You need to listen to the Pacifica Network for centrist news.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
NPR is very conservative. You need to listen to the Pacifica Network for centrist news.

LOL, that was pretty good Moonie.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: X-Man
Originally posted by: Moonbeam

LOL, that was pretty good Moonie.
Also pretty true. You have never heard liberal.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I'm curious, did anyone actually listen to the broadcast?

If so, and you were against removing Saddam, did it change your mind in any way?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: etech

If so, and you were against removing Saddam, did it change your mind in any way?
Who was against removing Saddam?

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

The suggestion that anyone who opposed Bush's invasion of Iraq was pro-Saddam is not only dishonest but serves to illustrate the faulty mental processes of those who support Bush in the disastrous invasion of Iraq.

In truth, opposition to the invasion was based on many factors. The Bush administration's use of cooked intelligence, outright lies and the fact, as we are now witnessing, that Iraq would become a haven for terrorists bent on discrediting the US while the real terrorist threats from other groups would not be addressed since our nation would be mired in Iraq for years. The fact that UN inspector's efforts were bearing fruit in Iraq. The fact that an international coalition, which the Bush administration is now begging for since they have obviously become aware their Iraq policy is a failure, could have been built had the UN been given the opportunity to make a case against Saddam, just as they did in the '91 Gulf War. The fact that the occupation of Iraq would cost hundreds of billions of dollars as well as the lives of thousands of troops and innocent civilians. The fact that it was all unnecessary since there was no WMD, no terrorist link, and no imminent threat from Iraq to any nation.

This tactic by Bush supporters is not only dishonest, it also shows how far the blind zealots who believe Bush can do no wrong will go even when it has become completely obvious that we cannot secure Iraq with the current troop levels and the policies of this administration are destroying our credibility, security, economy and alliances.

It's time to face the truth, people. The Bush administration's belief that we could do it alone was wrong. We've invaded and occupied a nation based on lies and cooked intelligence. We can't handle the aftermath of the Bush administration's actions in Iraq. Now Bush is forced to beg the same nations his administration attacked, our allies, the same institution his administration attacked, the UN, to please come and help clean up his mistakes. And they have the arrogance to tell the people whose help they are now dependent on that they'll be sending their troops and money to clean up our mess while under US command. What gall.

I sincerely hope the UN and the allies Bush alienated stick to their demands that any action must be by UN resolution and if so all troops in Iraq, including US troops, will be working under the auspicies of the UN as they should have been from the beginning.

George Bush and his administration created this mess that they will now need the entire world to help fix. I hope also that the UN member nations demand as a condition of their involvement that the Bush administration relinquishes power since they obviously cannot be trusted. They have zero credibility left other than with the zealots who would follow like lemmings wherever Bush leads. They have destabilized the world and now are begging for help.

It's time for Bush to go just as it was time for Saddam to go. A tyrant is a tyrant. A leader who would send his people to war with lies is a tyrant and does not deserve to lead.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: BOBDN

The suggestion that anyone who opposed Bush's invasion of Iraq was pro-Saddam is not only dishonest but serves to illustrate the faulty mental processes of those who support Bush in the disastrous invasion of Iraq.

In truth, opposition to the invasion was based on many factors. The Bush administration's use of cooked intelligence, outright lies and the fact, as we are now witnessing, that Iraq would become a haven for terrorists bent on discrediting the US while the real terrorist threats from other groups would not be addressed since our nation would be mired in Iraq for years. The fact that UN inspector's efforts were bearing fruit in Iraq. The fact that an international coalition, which the Bush administration is now begging for since they have obviously become aware their Iraq policy is a failure, could have been built had the UN been given the opportunity to make a case against Saddam, just as they did in the '91 Gulf War. The fact that the occupation of Iraq would cost hundreds of billions of dollars as well as the lives of thousands of troops and innocent civilians. The fact that it was all unnecessary since there was no WMD, no terrorist link, and no imminent threat from Iraq to any nation.

This tactic by Bush supporters is not only dishonest, it also shows how far the blind zealots who believe Bush can do no wrong will go even when it has become completely obvious that we cannot secure Iraq with the current troop levels and the policies of this administration are destroying our credibility, security, economy and alliances.

It's time to face the truth, people. The Bush administration's belief that we could do it alone was wrong. We've invaded and occupied a nation based on lies and cooked intelligence. We can't handle the aftermath of the Bush administration's actions in Iraq. Now Bush is forced to beg the same nations his administration attacked, our allies, the same institution his administration attacked, the UN, to please come and help clean up his mistakes. And they have the arrogance to tell the people whose help they are now dependent on that they'll be sending their troops and money to clean up our mess while under US command. What gall.

I sincerely hope the UN and the allies Bush alienated stick to their demands that any action must be by UN resolution and if so all troops in Iraq, including US troops, will be working under the auspicies of the UN as they should have been from the beginning.

George Bush and his administration created this mess that they will now need the entire world to help fix. I hope also that the UN member nations demand as a condition of their involvement that the Bush administration relinquishes power since they obviously cannot be trusted. They have zero credibility left other than with the zealots who would follow like lemmings wherever Bush leads. They have destabilized the world and now are begging for help.

It's time for Bush to go just as it was time for Saddam to go. A tyrant is a tyrant. A leader who would send his people to war with lies is a tyrant and does not deserve to lead.

Great post.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Thanks Zebo. I'm considering sending it to the White House. With Tabb's name on it. :D