This scares the hell out of me!

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
My wife is a bookeeper at an elementary school. She called me and told me should would be home much later than normal today. When I asked why she told me she would tell me when she got home. It turns out that a 1st grader, 7 years old had a loaded gun at the school. He evidently had been talking earlier in the day about shooting himself in the head, then about shooting a classmate. No one knew he had a freakin gun in his bookbag though. :( This comes on the heals of another 5th grader being kicked out a week ago because he evidently was caught with a diagram of people he wanted to kill. And to think that when my wife moved from a high school to the elementary school I thought it would be a much safer environment. 1st graders with guns is just crazy.

Edit: I worded part of this poorly. The kid was first talking about shooting himself in the head so he could "go to heaven" in the morning. Late in the afternoon is when he was talking about shooting the little girl. I think it was after that that the gun came out of his backpack or whatever.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: Buttzilla
omg, was it one of her students?

bookkeepers don't have students, Buttzilla. :)

Edit: BUT, bookkeeper is the only word in the English language that has three double-letters in a row, or so says Encyclopedia Brown. :)
Edit2: linflas, that really sucks... wtf is wrong with this country?

amoeba

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2003
"He evidently had been talking earlier in the day about shooting himself in the head, then about shooting a classmate."

Not a real bright kid if he thinks he can shoot himself in the head then shoot somebody else.

jagr10

Golden Member
Jan 21, 2001
The question is, where did he get the gun from? Isn't that supposed to be locked up in the house if his parents keep one?

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000
Originally posted by: amoeba
"He evidently had been talking earlier in the day about shooting himself in the head, then about shooting a classmate."

Not a real bright kid if he thinks he can shoot himself in the head then shoot somebody else.

I think he means the kid of mentioning both of those, not neccessarily in that order.

LAUST

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000
Originally posted by: jagr10
The question is, where did he get the gun from? Isn't that supposed to be locked up in the house if his parents keep one?
Bad parents, nothing new, actually it's something thats getting VERY old.

Jumpem

Lifer
Sep 21, 2000
Things are just weird now. I got two rifles for my eigth birthday and regularly took a ten inch hunting knife to school in my bag. I think if they had marksmanship classes that tought kids responsible firearm handling things like this wouldn't be a problem.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Jumpem
Things are just weird now. I got two rifles for my eigth birthday and regularly took a ten inch hunting knife to school in my bag. I think if they had marksmanship classes that tought kids responsible firearm handling things like this wouldn't be a problem.

My wife said this kid's grandfather has taught him how to shoot all sorts of guns. Evidently responsibility was not part of the instruction.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
time to leave the big city, head for rural america

at least there you know everybody has a rifle or shotgun and knows how to use it right

Psycho18

Platinum Member
Nov 4, 2001
That is just crazy......a little kid thinking about shooting himself and then a classmate(which doesnt make sense. How can you shoot a classmate when you're dead?)

T3C

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2003
That is messed up, this is getting crazy with aeverything.

-TechITguy

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
Originally posted by: amoeba

this is, indeed, the point of the OP....glad you noticed

bah

what the hell is with people these days, guns where a kid can get them, and a kid that young that wants to use it...

when i was that young i wanted waterguns and maybe a nintendo, jesus

BillGates

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2001
Disarming a first grader with a gun doesn't really sound all that challenging. Somewhat stressful, but not hard.