This report is a bit disturbing

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Especially since we're expecting a baby boy
Chemicals affecting boys

The report seems to indicate that the effect is seen earlier in life. Not sure how you keep kids away from the chemicals when they are everywhere though. I guess pregnant women would also need to be careful.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
Doesn't surprise me. Things like BPA in plastic make you scratch your head as to why it is allowed. The stuff mimics hormones and they think people should use it for food storage ?

Give me the old glass bottles for babies any day, they don't break as easily as some of the plastic manufacturers would have people think.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Maybe this will get right-wingers into the environmental movement.

Who says the left have a strangle hold on the environmental movement? Oh you mean the left have a strangle hold on the lunatic envrionmental movement that wants us to return to 1850s style economies?

kk

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Their shrunken testicles are due to depression, the suppressed and not so suppressed rage at being kicked, deservingly, our of power. They have had their dicks cut off and have no use for balls. I think they will support the use of more plastic in the hopes it affects those who still have dicks.

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
Their shrunken testicles are due to depression, the suppressed and not so suppressed rage at being kicked, deservingly, our of power. They have had their dicks cut off and have no use for balls. I think they will support the use of more plastic in the hopes it affects those who still have dicks.

Stay classy. :rolleyes:

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Who says the left have a strangle hold on the environmental movement? Oh you mean the left have a strangle hold on the lunatic envrionmental movement that wants us to return to 1850s style economies?

kk

Exactly. I'm living proof of that. I'm about as big of a tree-hugger as one can be and still be a Conservative. Responsibility starts with one's self - not the state(Fed Gov't)

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Exactly. I'm living proof of that. I'm about as big of a tree-hugger as one can be and still be a Conservative. Responsibility starts with one's self - not the state(Fed Gov't)

Some issues are neither Left nor Right... I think Environment is one of those... The how to do it is certainly a Left or Right issue, though.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999

That's a whole lot of hate in one sentence. I assume the connection with male genitalia is something out of your past?

0marTheZealot

Golden Member
Apr 5, 2004

Individuals don't dump thousands of tons of heavy metals into aquifers and riverbeds. The government absolutely has to be the one who sets the standards and rules for everyone to abide by.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

Banning certain dangerous chemicals is only a fraction of the generalization used there. The environment is many things, as are our impacts on it. There are many lines to be drawn from there.

TruePaige

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2006
That's a whole lot of hate in one sentence. I assume the connection with male genitalia is something out of your past?

A study was performed showing great feelings of deflation and lowered testosterone after the Republicans loss control of congress/white house.

TridenT

Lifer
Sep 4, 2006
Individuals don't dump thousands of tons of heavy metals into aquifers and riverbeds. The government absolutely has to be the one who sets the standards and rules for everyone to abide by.
Bam! This is very true.

The government has to make regulations. That's why we have things like the FDA folks. The FDA isn't perfect though. >_>

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

No, it's all the rage as the latest scientific research. Conservatives are in the dumps after their election loss and experiencing low levels of testosterone. They've become the pack of screaming little girls we see in so many threads complaining Obama didn't put down the toilet seat. There's a whole thread about it, but naturally the point went right over conservatives heads. Girls aren't usually very tall, I guess.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
No, it's all the rage as the latest scientific research. Conservatives are in the dumps after their election loss and experiencing low levels of testosterone. They've become the pack of screaming little girls we see in so many threads complaining Obama didn't put down the toilet seat. There's a whole thread about it, but naturally the point went right over conservatives heads. Girls aren't usually very tall, I guess.

So it really is nothing more than hate for those that don't agree with you. I understand that, it's actually a very comfortable place to be. When you can convince yourself that anyone that doesn't agree with you is simply stupid, you don't have to evaluate what they have to say, and you don't have to risk giving up a preconceived idea. Best of all is you get to feel superior to so many people without ever measuring yourself against them.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003

Plenty right-wingers are on-board with protecting the environment. Everyone wants a clean, safe planet. How far we should go to protect the environment is where we are divided. Trading some environmental protection for industrial growth is a trade that many are willing to make, as a balance is necessary to promote the general welfare. This is a general statement and is likely not applicable to the specific case in the news article.

I need to start a poll to see how many right-wingers here would trade our polluting fossil fuel power plants for hydroelectric and nuclear power plants. It would also be interesting to see the replies of the left.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999

Wow, looks like you've got a nasty case of penis envy going on there. How sad.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
So it really is nothing more than hate for those that don't agree with you. I understand that, it's actually a very comfortable place to be. When you can convince yourself that anyone that doesn't agree with you is simply stupid, you don't have to evaluate what they have to say, and you don't have to risk giving up a preconceived idea. Best of all is you get to feel superior to so many people without ever measuring yourself against them.

maybe that's what has moonbeam all... bent out of shape? :D

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I have suggested it in the past. Just keep in mind that the things you buy may go up in price. Shipping by barge is less expensive for heavy items and items that are large. This would mean an increase in land travel and possible more pollution. However, more rail travel would help also. Then also we can make power from methane. Catipillar makes generators that run off of methane and convert it to power.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
It's easy to ignore this stuff because it's unseen but I really do believe our society is overfull of chemicals and that down the line many of us will be getting ill from them. There are literally countless examples of people who've worked in construction or with chemicals for years on end oblivious to their ill effects until they finally get sick and scientists are able to put two and two together. As we rely more on chemicals over time how many new issues will pop up?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Plenty right-wingers are on-board with protecting the environment. Everyone wants a clean, safe planet. How far we should go to protect the environment is where we are divided. Trading some environmental protection for industrial growth is a trade that many are willing to make, as a balance is necessary to promote the general welfare. This is a general statement and is likely not applicable to the specific case in the news article.

I need to start a poll to see how many right-wingers here would trade our polluting fossil fuel power plants for hydroelectric and nuclear power plants. It would also be interesting to see the replies of the left.

Quite true. All the lung cancer and emphysema was worth the jobs in the tobacco industry.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADsortaGUY
Responsibility starts with one's self - not the state(Fed Gov't)

Don't tell the libs that, they'll never believe it.

Why do you brain dead morons quote platitudes. A child can see that the people making these chemicals are also making money and there is no personal responsibility in the world that is going to stop them. They will lobby to insure they can continue to destroy the human race because it they think the end won't come before their personal end does and they only go around once and grab all the gusto they can. Any child can see that only government can stop the use of these destroyers of nature's good and sadly you idiots will support the party of death that will see to it no regulation comes to pass. You kill your own children because you are stupid.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Why do you brain dead morons quote platitudes. A child can see that the people making these chemicals are also making money and there is no personal responsibility in the world that is going to stop them. They will lobby to insure they can continue to destroy the human race because it they think the end won't come before their personal end does and they only go around once and grab all the gusto they can. Any child can see that only government can stop the use of these destroyers of nature's good and sadly you idiots will support the party of death that will see to it no regulation comes to pass. You kill your own children because you are stupid.

Why is it that you can't respond without an attack? You make a point that has merit, but deliver it as an insult. Just in case no one has mentioned it, you're not nearly as bright as you seem to think.

You claim that these unsafe chemicals are allowed because of corporate lobbyists, and in the same paragraph state that "any child can see that only government can stop the use of these destroyers of nature's good". This would be the same government that the lobbyists control? Or is there some different government that's going to step in and stop the insanity? I would argue that the courts are where the "destroyers of nature" will be stopped. If their chemicals are indeed harming people, they will be sued, and they will lose (Google "DuPont breast implants"). That takes the evil profit out of the equation. No profit, no chemicals.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Why is it that you can't respond without an attack? You make a point that has merit, but deliver it as an insult. Just in case no one has mentioned it, you're not nearly as bright as you seem to think.

You claim that these unsafe chemicals are allowed because of corporate lobbyists, and in the same paragraph state that "any child can see that only government can stop the use of these destroyers of nature's good". This would be the same government that the lobbyists control? Or is there some different government that's going to step in and stop the insanity? I would argue that the courts are where the "destroyers of nature" will be stopped. If their chemicals are indeed harming people, they will be sued, and they will lose (Google "DuPont breast implants"). That takes the evil profit out of the equation. No profit, no chemicals.

Please don't say I'm not as bright as I think I am because that hurts my feelings, particularly since I already feel incredibly stupid. And of course the government the government will stop them when lobbyists are banned. Also, although I know I'm not very smart, but the courts are the government too.

Also those morons I referred too and appear to have insulted, they were taking of personal responsibility while brain dead and having no personal effort put into what they were saying at all. Since there was no sign they were going to hold themselves responsible for uttering such nonsense, I had to extract a price of some kind, otherwise, they would have come in and shit and gone away without any responsibility at all. I was just trying to save them from being total hypocrites.