This needs to stop - cutting down trees needlessly

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
They should take back all land used for goats and reforest it. Goats have no value in America except for foreigners.

JJChicken

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2007
Last night, the low temperature was 56 degrees. Being that it's summertime, I have the furnace turned off in my house & it would take too much effort to fire it up just to take the chill off the house. So, I decided to build a nice fire in the fireplace to take the chill off. While I sat there relaxing and enjoying a nice cup of coffee (8 O'clock coffee - the Columbian roast - outstanding for the price), I heard all this noise coming from the wooded area across the road. Seems these guys were cutting down some beautiful trees with their chainsaws and cutting them up into short sections, about a foot and a half long, before picking those pieces up and tossing them into the back of a pickup truck with a loud thud. It made me sick to my stomach after seeing these things. Have we not learned from all the deforestation in Africa that it's simply not worth it? Even cutting down one tree is too many.

What's worse is that children often play in those woods. What if children are playing there when they cut down a tree?

rofl, after I read the original I have to say this is a solid 7/10.

JJChicken

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2007
They lock parodies that suck giant donkey dick, like the one you posted. If I was a mod you would have been temp banned for such a stupid post, so just thank your lucky stars they're nicer than that.

I made a really good parody a few weeks back, but the mods merged it with another thread :(

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
The best part about this parody is that Dr. Pizza banned the original poster and now has supplanted him.

Well played Dr. Pizza. Well played.

AnonymouseUser

Diamond Member
May 14, 2003
They lock parodies that suck giant donkey dick, like the one you posted. If I was a mod you would have been temp banned for such a stupid post, so just thank your lucky stars they're nicer than that.

The video I posted sucked giant donkey dick, but the parody was solid. Regardless, the reason it was locked was because it was a parody, not because it was good or bad.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
The video I posted sucked giant donkey dick, but the parody was solid. Regardless, the reason it was locked was because it was a parody, not because it was good or bad.

:hmm: but was that REALLY the reason? :awe:

Some of the mods also have less tolerance for parodies than others. It wasn't locked by DrPizza or Perknose, who have posted recent parodies and I'm sure didn't care about it. Somebody else did though apparently.

Last edited by a moderator:

AnonymouseUser

Diamond Member
May 14, 2003
:hmm: but was that REALLY the reason? :awe:

Some of the mods just have less tolerance for parodies than others. It wasn't locked by DrPizza or Perknose, who have posted recent parodies and I'm sure didn't care about it. Somebody else did though apparently.

Here's an older thread that was locked by DrPizza. Reason: parody.

Last edited by a moderator:

AnonymouseUser

Diamond Member
May 14, 2003
This thread is funny, change your tampon and move on.

:p

See, that's the funny part: I am not in the least bit pissed that my thread got locked. In fact, I expected it would. What I don't expect (and don't appreciate) is that mods/admins don't follow the same rules that they enforce.

Last edited: