This much just to haul away my junk furniture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtvang125

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2004
The guy wants $250 to haul away 2 couches, 1 loveseat and a twin mattress with box spring. Maybe I should buy a truck and start hauling junk for money. Easy $$$.

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
We had St Vincent pick up our old couches and table. We got quite a bit for them as a deduction on our taxes. They will take them as long as they aren't flithy or ripped up.

JDMnAR1

Lifer
May 12, 2003
Originally posted by: Xavier434
Craigslist or donate it. Solved.

Yeah, because that is what the guy you pay to haul it off is going to do with it. Might as well cut out the middle man and get the tax deduction for yourself.

StartingLine

Banned
Jun 25, 2007
me and a buddy took a couch he needed gone and just drove down a suburban street and threw it in someones yard and took off.

imported_Devine

Golden Member
Oct 10, 2006
Originally posted by: StartingLine
me and a buddy took a couch he needed gone and just drove down a suburban street and threw it in someones yard and took off.

lol nothing like walking out of your house in the morning to go to work and seeing a couch in your yard and being like "wtf???" :confused: :D

Shadowknight

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
If you have a college in your town, put up a couple flyers saying: couch(es) free to good home. Wait 15 minutes for the phone to ring off the hook. Problem solved.

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
Back in college, and where I live now, all I have to do is set it out at the curb with a "free" sign on it. It'll be gone by the end of the day.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
I see posts on craigslist all the time advertising free furniture. Just put it in the driveway, post an ad on craigslist, and it'll be hauled away for you.

I think it's even funnier when people pay someone to pick up scrap metal. As soon as they ask, "how much do you want to haul this away for me", most of them will attempt to keep a straight face and give an answer they think the person can live with.

What they're thinking is "you've gotta be kidding me! I was just going to drive 5 miles to a scrap yard and get paid a few hundred for this pile. But, sure, whatever... go ahead and pay me to do that." (My last trip to the scrap yard netted me around $400 - and it wasn't a huge pile - it all fit in the back of a grand caravan.)

skrilla

Oct 22, 2004
Call your city hall and see if they hold any spring/fall clean up days.

This last spring my city had one.. I got rid of a couch, futon, mattress and a box spring for like 20 bux.

Short answer - that is WAY too much.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: skrilla
Call your city hall and see if they hold any spring/fall clean up days.

This last spring my city had one.. I got rid of a couch, futon, mattress and a box spring for like 20 bux.

Short answer - that is WAY too much.

Yeah, most of the smaller towns around here have one of those as well. They were only asking for a donation of $5, though, and it was optional.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Another answer is to put a flyer on a billboard on a college campus if you are near one with a picture to either sell it for cheap or give it away. You will get a phone call within an hour and they will come get it. Plus, she might be cute! :D

Oct 20, 2005
WTF is up with new users necroing threads lately? It must be a banned member making new accounts just to troll.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
WTF is up with new users necroing threads lately? It must be a banned member making new accounts just to troll.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=haul+away+my+junk+furniture

fourth entry, first forum entry

raisethread.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.